The PlayStation Experience - Yakuza 5 [PS3] & Many More

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Celebrating 20 years of the PlayStation, Sony have announced their big announcements for the future of PlayStation via the PlayStation Experience during 6th to 7th December.

Here's the latest news on-going:
- 20th Anniversary PS4 Console announced, featuring the PS1 colours skin. The console will have the same specs but will be limited to 12300 copies.

Pre-Event:
- Godzilla (originally only available in Japan) will be coming out in North America and Europe thanks to Bandai Namco Games (who were also the publisher for the Japanese release). The game will also be arriving on the PlayStation 4 in addition to PS3. No news on whether the game will be digital only or have a retail release but it's stated to arrive during Summer 2015.
- Loadout, a free to play first person shooter with a similar design and concept to Team Fortress 2, will be coming to PS4 this month on the 16th.
- Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Team Operations was announced by Kojima & co., a multiplayer mode for The Phantom Pain.
- Resogun Defenders expansion pack was revealed. No news on dates but trailers and some details have been revealed.
- Super Stardust Ultra will be coming to PS4 in 2015

Event Day 1:
- Dozens of indie titles will be heading to the PS4 - Darkest Dungeon, Drawn to Death, Enter the Gungeon, Gang Beasts, Skytorn, Wattam and What Remains of Edith Finch
- Bastion will be heading to the PS4 and Vita, announcement trailer was shown.
- Fat Princess returns with Fat Princess Adventures coming to PS4, announcement trailer was shown.
- Final Fantasy VII is getting ported to the PS4. Note the fan reception has been rather negative.
- Grim Fandango Remastered trailer was shown in addition to a release date for this January. Heading to PS4 and Vita.
- Killing Floor 2 will be heading to PS4, the sequel to the highly successful PC game released back in 2009.
- No Man's Sky receives a new trailer. Heading to PS4 in the future.
- Severed was announced for Vita, trailer was also shown.
- Shovel Knight was announced for PS3 and PS4, trailer was also shown.
- Street Fighter V will be console exclusive to the PS4. Trailer that was leaked a day ago is now available properly alongside a new gameplay trailer, cross-platform between PS4 & PC confirmed. The previous instalment Ultra Street Fighter IV will also be arriving on the PS4.
- Suikoden and Suikoden II will be coming to PS3 and Vita very soon via the PlayStation Network (both titles are PS1 games).
- Super Time Force Ultra will be heading to the PS4 and Vita, announcement trailer was shown.
- Tearaway: Unfolded trailer was shown off, coming to PS4.
- The Forest was announced for the PS4, announcement trailer was shown.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End gameplay have finally been shown off. The game is coming to PS4 sometime in the future.
- Until Dawn trailer was shown off featuring actress Hayden Panettiere, coming to PS4 in 2015.
- Yakuza 5 will finally be getting released outside Japan for North America and Europe on the PS3. Whether it's digital only or retail is unknown.

Re: The PlayStation Experience - Street Fighter V [PS4]

Was discussing this at work today re. how much of a step forward it'll actually be from SF 4. After all the endless re-packages of 4, I'd like to see something that feels truly next-gen, while obviously remaining true to the spirit of the game.

Interesting about it potentially missing Xbox entirely too.

Will definitely be picking it up for PS4 though.

Re: The PlayStation Experience - Street Fighter V [PS4]

I think it missing Xbox is down to it having poor sales on the console. I've not got the details to cover it, but i remember hearing elsewhere that general sales for the game where low on the xbox and relatively strong on PS3/PC.

I quite like that they finally are moving on, but i want to know what they plan to do with it. Keeping and improving the artstyle from SFIV though i do commend. I liked it, and the snippets i got from the teaser show promise. What new mechanics are in play? Will we have some returning characters from SFIII? Will we ever see Karen again in a SF game? Can i has Sakura pls? And when will Ono finally release himself as a playable character? These need to be answered.

Re: The PlayStation Experience - Godzilla [PS3/4]

Latest news so far:

Yakuza 5 will finally be getting released outside Japan for North America and Europe on the PS3. Whether it's digital only or retail is unknown.

Street Fighter V will be console exclusive to the PS4. Trailer that was leaked a day ago is now available properly alongside a new gameplay trailer.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End gameplay have finally been shown off. The game is coming to PS4 sometime in the future.

Final Fantasy VII is getting ported to the PS4. Note the fan reception has been rather negative.

Grim Fandango Remastered trailer was shown in addition to a release date for this January. Heading to PS4 and Vita.

Bastion and Super Time Force Ultra is getting released for the PS4 and Vita.

More games coming to PS4; Gang Beasts, Drawn to Death, Wattam, Fat Princess Adventures and Enter the Gungeon.

New trailers for Tearaway Unfolded and Until Dawn, both heading to PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair after a 2 year wait I'll take digital only over no release :p so happy and maybe if it does well we'll get Yakuza 0 for PS4.

Will be interesting to see what the FF 7 port looks like - I wonder if it'll look horrid upscaled to people's massive HD tellies or if it'll actually look decent.

Back