The MCM London prediction thread

Outside of the expected Funimation/CR/Aniplex titles being brought over what I really look for from Anime Limited is the true surprises. So for me what I ideally would like to see is a classic title on Blu Ray and I always like to see neat reveals like Princess Arete so something like that would be much appreciated.

If I were to throw something out there from left field I would love to get a Blu Ray copy of Neo Tokyo. This compilation film is really difficult to track down on DVD these days and while there isn't a BD in Japan there is a HD transfer available so that would be cool.

The other companies don't tend to get stuff I really want or at least not too often anyway. MVM will be the other company I'll keep my eye on as they occasionally get stuff out I want like Berserk on BD for example.

Anime Ltd usually announce some decent stuff, it's just waiting for some of it to be released that's the killer (K season two and the movie for instance were announced back in 2015, and have yet to be released due to Viz only recently releasing their versions with the dub). In terms of Funimation acquisitions I'd want to see Black Butler: Book of Murders and Book of Atlantic from them if that's possible.

MVM
announcing some more CEs would be cool. They usually get Sentai and Hanabee titles so something like Non Non Biyori would be welcome. I know that Manga Entertainment aren't announcing anything so nothing worth mentioning there.

Now if I were to make some wild predictions, A Hellsing Ultimate license save would be nice. Someone getting the Madman Sailor Moon Blu Ray discs in a licensing deal would be great as well, since I'll likely be importing those anyway.

My absolute dream would be a Blu Ray release of Ghost in the Shell: SAC (Albeit Not using the abysmal Wanchor Bay Discs) but I don't see that happening...

Last edited:
I wouldnt expect much from MVM as they announced a load of titles last comic con. Id say 2-3 tops.

Anime Limited may announce a few Hopfully Kabaneri will be one of them. With Crunchyroll and Funimation now working together it may limit what Anime Limited pick up. I'm certainly not expecting alot as I was dissapointed last time.

Manga' s no announcements is also disappointing as they really don't have many titles going onto next year.

Anime Ltd usually announce some decent stuff, it's just waiting for some of it to be released that's the killer (K season two and the movie for instance were announced back in 2015, and though I've asked several times I've gotten no answer regarding their release).

I can answer that for you and that is Viz Media have only just got around to releasing the Second Season and Movie themselves earlier this year and they make the dub so thats the reason there has been a big hold up in the UK release.

I can answer that for you and that is Viz Media have only just got around to releasing the Second Season and Movie themselves earlier this year and they make the dub so thats the reason there has been a big hold up in the UK release.
Good to know thanks for the info!:) I've updated my post accordingly

Was disappointed by the AL announcements (or lack thereof) last time. However got the impression that they were previously announcing way in advance of releases and were looking to do one Con of pretty much none so that going forwards everything they would announce would be stuff that should be arriving a lot sooner. Hopefully that is the case (fingers crossed).

Hopefully Nichijou would appreciate some nice disc art for that from al, also YOI and maybe some CR stuff so Kabaneri. But I would like updates on titles US have released or are so Mob Psycho and Death Parade

In terms of what I would like to see licenced

Anime limited:
Kanaberi
Made in Abyss
Last Exile (surely it's time for this to get a BD release it deserves)
The Ancient Magus Bride (though this will probably be Funimation)
Seven Deadly sins
ReCreators
Spice & wolf Ultimate edition (pleeeeease)

MVM
Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Familiar of Zero complete collection
Asterisk wars
Kizumonogatari

Also in anyone wants to licence Witchcraft Works that would be super ;)

Last edited:
Well it's that time of year for me to have a guess prediction (speaking of which, thanks for reminding me to make the MCM Announcements Thread once I write this post).

Anime Limited have quite the hefty backlog and a lot of the titles are pretty interesting. I think we could see one or two more theatrical announcements for early 2018 to go alongside Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Part 1, like the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Compilation Trilogy's first part as an example which has enough changes to make it worth watching. There's also a possibility that they could acquire theatrical only rights for Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] 1. passage flower and No Game No Life Zero on behalf of MVM. Another potential film for theatrical release is Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou from studio P.A.Works.

As for the series licenses, this is where it gets complicated. Last year at October, their announcements were split between AL, Crunchyroll, and Funimation UK. This will most likely be the same case. So for AL we could hear something like Attack on Titan Season 2 and My Hero Academia Season 2 for Funimation's label, KonoSuba and Myriad Colors Phantom World for Crunchyroll's label, and Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga for Anime Limited's label. It's honestly hard to predict due to how the Funimation/Crunchyroll titles will be handled from now on. Aniplex titles can be expected at least.

Manga Animatsu I can see some announcements making an appearance but they might not make any like how they were at May's London Comic Con. It's hard to predict but I would guess they will probably not announce any.

MVM I can see acquiring more Sentai Filmworks titles and some Blu-ray upgrades for older titles like Rosario+Vampire. Kizumonogatari Trilogy, Koyomimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Season 2 and the Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] Trilogy I can see being acquired, perhaps even add in Garden of sinner's recalled out summer film for Blu-ray if someone in Australia has released one or plan to.

With Gundam ZZ nearing release it's kinda now or never to announce the next title! Prediction:

Turn A Gundam
Gundam Wing

Common sense would say wait and see how Ajin does sales wise but I can see them announcing more Netflix shows. Predictions:

Easy win -
Seven Deadly Sins
Little Witch Acedemia

Risky -
Kuromukuro

Long shot, may announce for a 2027 release -
Kakegurui

So what do people want to see this time around?
My aforementioned Black Butler: Book of Murders/Atlantic from AL would be great pickups and more Lupin would be nice.

It's funny that I mentioned someone getting GITS: SAC last year because it's coming out very soon.

Realistically I'd really like to see AL license Devilman: Crybaby and Kaiba. Less realistically, Clannad UE, Katanagatari, Mushishi.

Devilman is a good shout but im pretty sure Clannad is still with Manga.

Im expecting MVM to acquire Eromanga and Kizumonogatari If would be nice if someone picked up Recreators

Trying to think of shows outside of Funimation, Crunchyroll and Sentai is difficult. id say there will be a mixture of new and older titles from AL maybe the odd show from Netflix. MVM I expect to cherry pick a few Sentai series and Aniplex shows.

Bold statement (or not ... should i duck now) ... no Gundam announcements :p:eek:

Seriously hope we get some news regarding new Gundam releases from Anime Ltd.

Mushishi would be great, I'm still holding out for a series like Cardcaptor Sakura to get announced, but the cost of the license and BBFC fees make it seem less likely.

I wonder if any UK distributors are willing to dive into the SDBD territory, maybe acquire some of the titles Discotek are releasing in the US.

MVM might announce some more Tenchi Muyo stuff, which would be nice.

Back