The *Im looking for* thread.

Re: the looking for thread

If anyone has them that they are willing to part with I am looking for Star Driver Parts 1 and 2 on Blu Ray

hex said:
Ragnarok 10 but im not really that bothered about this as i doubt Myung-Jin Lee will ever finish this one off >.>
I lost interest around vol 6 :(

Like Hex I'm msotly after NISA premium, mainly Wagnaria.

FourthLion said:
I'm msotly after NISA premium, mainly Wagnaria.

Ditto can't find that anywhere either.

So far I've got Occult Academy, Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up, Katanagatari & 1st half of Hana Saku Iroha.

AnimeNut said:
FourthLion said:
I'm msotly after NISA premium, mainly Wagnaria.

Ditto can't find that anywhere either.

So far I've got Occult Academy, Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up, Katanagatari & 1st half of Hana Saku Iroha.

I've got both parts Persona, Anohana, Bunny Drop (accidentally had 2 of these til recently), Zakuro, both parts of Toradora, both parts of Arakawa... not sure if more?

I think the ones I don't have that have gone out of print are the Demon Prince Enma one, Occult Academy and Wagnaria :(

I quite like that they've upped their output as I love their sets, but I'm in poor shape financially at the moment and they;re releasing way fatser than I can keep up!

Does nobody else have problems with the first Katanagatari/Arakawa sets?
The subtitles are just too damn small for me - it gives me a headache. For that reason I've never been able to watch more than two episodes of Katanagatari.
Did they even fix them for the second set? I know they did with Arakawa Under The Bridge x Bridge.

Personally I love NISA sets but I just find them too big - especially when space is beginning to become an issue.
I own the Arakawa/Arakawa Bridge x Bridge, Katanagatari part 1, Denpa Onna, Ano Hana and Usagi Drop sets.

I have every NISA premium set other than Wagnaria (I missed it and got the standard edition since it went out of print really quickly), Persona Trinity Soul (don't care) and Our Home's Fox Deity (don't care). They take up way too much space, but I can't stop buying them :/

The subtitle size on their earlier releases never bothered me (I've never noticed it, and I watched both Katanagatari and Arakawa that way). It sucks if it strains your eyes and gives you a headache, though. I also don't notice Sentai's larger subs being too large, so perhaps all subtitle styling issues go over my head in general.

R

I never noticed the subtitle issue either. Was it on the bluray or DVD? Or both? I hink I watched both Arakawa and Katanagatri on bluray on my laptop...

I actually put them on top of my shelving with my larger manga/art books and they fit up there pretty nicely, I guess if you want them on the shelves/racks with your regular DVDs space will be an issue though.

Ahh yeah Rui I had a hug internal battle over how much i didn't care about Our Home's Fox Deity but wanting to buy them just because they were NISA Premium. In the end I didn't bother either. I only bought the Persona sets as I was in the states and saw them cheap and I'm a big fan of the games, I've not even tried to watch it yet... heard bad things.

I've not had to much of a problem with the subtitles so far, but get a headache normally when reading even with my glasses on.

Only just started buying NISA stuff after getting some of here.

Looking forward to them getting some new stuff, hoping they get Hanasaku Iroha movie. Watched show on crunchyroll before getting 1st set & noticed subtitling quite different. Is this the norm as usually watched dubbed but noticed missing out on some good shows so started buying sub only sets too

I have been waiting until I have more space in my room before looking to buy some titles but it's just not happening and I would kick myself if I missed out on getting;

3x3 Eyes manga vols 3-8
Claymore manga vols 7, 9, 13, 15-22

From a non-smoking home please and in (at least) good condition. ^_^

Right Stuf would probably be your best bet though Amazon.com have it in stock too. As for Cardcaptor Sakura I got the first movie of Amazon.com for £14 and the second off eBay for £15.

I really want the Durarara!!! english dub. I think it's still only on sale in the US atm? Or does anyone know a UK site which has it and for a decent price?

-Danielle- said:
I really want the Durarara!!! english dub. I think it's still only on sale in the US atm? Or does anyone know a UK site which has it and for a decent price?

I want the English dub too. Hope it gets a uk releases

I have a multi region dvd player so getting is from amazon.com doesnt bother me too much,. However their current cost for it add on to shipping plus the chance of getting shafted by export charges (that happened when I bought two seasons of girls of the playboy mansion due to the boxset sizes! grrrr), I can wait a bit longer. After all, I waited donkies for Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 and I shall probably have to wait even longer for 9-13!

If you select expedited shipping with Amazon.com (for Amazon's own stuff or 'fulfilled by Amazon' Marketplace items) you can prepay the customs fees; not only is it cheaper than paying them on arrival but you'll automatically be refunded if they overestimate the amount, and as a side effect the shipping is faster. You may already know this but I think it's always worth mentioning.

It seems likely that Durarara!! will reappear in the UK one day, if you're patient.

R

thanks for the tip Rui.

up until that one time with amazon, it never happened to me before and i would buy a lot and just pay the standard like $7 shipping at the time. it's the same with HLJ. bought three figurines and all the extra charges etc ended up costing more than what 2 of the figures combined cost. so sadly i refuse to buy from there now.

if i ever by anything in general from hong kong, i refuse to use a seller who doesnt state they will mark your purchase as a gift. as marking it as a gift avoids costs.

Back