The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2 disc)

I agree, its like if HMV got dibs on Naruto.....and when they hit the filler arc...they allowed everyone else to distribute it....just money hungry companies/the man, putting us down.

WRT The girl.... is it a good film? worth spending that much on?

I thought it was a good film - a bit like groundhog Day only it's a 17 year old high school girl who is repeating time.

As for whether it's worth the price - HMV currently have it at £15.99.

Amazon list it as a preorder at £14.69, Blahdvd list it at £13.95 while Zavvi & Sendit.com list it at £19.99 so it looks like it is cheapest at Play at the moment.

Bet it doesn't have the slipcase or artcards though. Besides, re-releasing a film that's already been out a year for £12.99? :?

The 'HMV Exclusive' was originally only £11.99 to pre-order... It's £15.99 now I notice, which is an insane price to pay for a DVD film. That does make the price Play are offering it at more attractive, but the Blu-ray will probably be out soon enough and the DVD version won't be worth any more than a couple of quid.

I would have gone for the 2 disc SE had it been available at the time. Only just recently bought the single DVD. Can't complain like coz I love the film and it only cost me £4. Heh, thanks to Aion and his keen eye for anime deals.

You should definately give a go Tachi. Hope you enjoyed Spirited Away too. Noticed you'd been watching it... again... and again. lol

I did enjoy it :D my favourite character....Boo th mouse. and its funny little stints. like saying Choo. and stamping on the worm....random things like that :p much better as a mouse than a massive baby.

Whats the 2nd disc for? is it just

I'm guessing what I bought from HMV was the Special Edition with Slip Cover and Art Cards that they are selling, but I can't remember.

I've bought it full RRP and haven't regretted it. It still ranks at my #2 Favourite Anime and I never tire of watching it.

It was a reasonable film, but certainly not one I'd need a two-disc edition of.

Will Manga sell the 'From the Creators of Spirited Away' "angle" on the cover of this version too?

I think I shall set my sights on the standard edition for the time being. I remember enjoying it to a limited extent, and I may well appreciate it to a greater degree on a second viewing.

Back