The Girl Who Leapt Through Space released July 4th

Someone needs to tell me what the hell this is, there's so much stuff based off TGWLTT that it's kinda confusing as to what this is

memorium said:
Someone needs to tell me what the hell this is, there's so much stuff based off TGWLTT that it's kinda confusing as to what this is
It's unrelated to TGWLTT. It's an entirely different thing altogether.

Hmm I ignored the R1s out of apathy but might give this a spin if it's really the full series all in one dose.

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
5 discs? Surely they're not releasing the series as a complete collection right off the bat? Bandai are putting it out over 4 singles in the US.
I think it was originally announced as a complete release.

Paradox295 said:
memorium said:
It's unrelated to TGWLTT. It's an entirely different thing altogether.
It was the morning, I don't pay attention to titles that much just saw the first few words and automatically assumed it would end in "time", however I have heard of this as well now that I recall correctly

JohnC said:
I think it was originally announced as a complete release.
If that's the case then colour me more interested in this show than I otherwise would have been, especially at that price.

Man, late June/early July is shaping up to be one of the most congested periods for anime releases (US and UK) in memory.

Eh, I guess I will buy the whole thing at that price even though it's not on BD.

Or are Bandai releasing it on BD?

/can't quite be bothered to check

A copy & Paste from my front page news story which gives more confirmation and information:

As spotted originally by Paradox295 on the forums and through my further investigation It look like The Girl Who Leapt Through Space has been given confirmed release dates. While the title on the listing states: The Girl Who Leaped Through "TIME". However on the description of the product on play.com its describes a series matching The Girl Who Leapt Through Space storyline:

"Akiha Shihido is the third daughter of the powerful Shishido family. Her older sister, Kazane decides to marry Akiha without her consent, so, naturally, she escapes! But Akiha finds herself trapped in a mysterious space colony that is run by an artificial intelligence which is as ridiculous as it is rude : Leopard. The A.I. asks the young girl for help recovering various missing parts that will restore its full power.

Now, with the help of Konoha, a strange ninja-like girl, Akiha goes hunting for these mysterious parts, facing uncanny enemies, and dangerous situations. If her destiny is to become the girl that leapt through space how can she find her life's true calling in this crazy improbable new life?"

It has 2 volumes listing, each with a pre-order prices of £17.99. That is NOT the RRP price, as Amazon list the volumes with a higher price of £22.49. Volume 1 has a release date of 04 July 2011 and volume 2 is set for 26 September 2011.

The disc count doesn't match up with what I think it is - let me check on Monday with the usual sources at Beez's production house and I'll let you know.

Andrew

beez_andrew said:
The disc count doesn't match up with what I think it is - let me check on Monday with the usual sources at Beez's production house and I'll let you know.

Andrew
While you're here, do you know if they're still going to be doing the Durarara!! boxset with English Dub?

Also, I asked a while ago about a reprinting of the Cowboy Bebop Remix boxset, but it hasn't been in stock anywhere since then.

Paradox295 said:
beez_andrew said:

Andrew
While you're here, do you know if they're still going to be doing the Durarara!! boxset with English Dub?

Also, I asked a while ago about a reprinting of the Cowboy Bebop Remix boxset, but it hasn't been in stock anywhere since then.

The delay to reprinting I believe is due to plans to schedule an AL version of the set - I'll verify and pursue this though.

Still plans for a DRR!!! set with dub, am finalising details now but am proposing they do a nifty collectors version first off :). So if you have any desired extras, now would be a good time to say ;)...

Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Paradox295 said:
beez_andrew said:

Andrew

The delay to reprinting I believe is due to plans to schedule an AL version of the set - I'll verify and pursue this though.

Still plans for a DRR!!! set with dub, am finalising details now but am proposing they do a nifty collectors version first off :). So if you have any desired extras, now would be a good time to say ;)...

Andrew

Can I also ask then Andrew if there is any final dates for House Of Five Leaves or The Tatami Galaxy, I realise there planned for a Q3 2011, I just wondering if a release date has been finalised yet, Cheers ;)

For the Durarara!! future boxset extras, i'm perfectly fine on what you can put on there but some commentaries would be awesome!

beez_andrew said:
Paradox295 said:
beez_andrew said:

Andrew

Andrew
An Anime Legends set for Bebop would be even better. :D

Awesome stuff about Drrr. What kind of extras were you thinking of?
Like, bonus features? Or postcards etc, like the US release?

Back