The General Conversation Area

Does anyone know if Ninendo UK shop will ship Pokemon Today/Tomorrow so it will arrive on the 19th

Or will they ship it on the 19th so it'll likely arrive 22nd/23rd?

In Kingston today. Saw No Time To Die. Really enjoyed it. Villian is a bit nothing but otherwise it's very entertaining and engaging. Now at Przym to watch Rise Against perform a striped back show which judging by the support means acoustic. Really excited for it!

The Rise Against gig was so good. Great to see some old favourites given the acoustic treatment. Got a few new songs which was fun and also Wait For Me and Everchanging which I've 2anted to see for so long and they never normally play.

Also you could tell everyone was so happy to be returning to normal and the crowd started moshing to Saviour even though it was an acoustic version lol. (As you can see in the tweet below)

I feel like I'm experiencing a "long dark tea-time of the soul" kinda vibe rn. Just started new ADHD meds and they're helping but life's still complicated and difficult (which yes I was expecting lol didn't rly think that would change to any great degree), and sometimes I just feel kinda empty/down (as I did before). Maybe if I gib more parsnip gifts life will improve? (yes that was a Stardew Valley reference even though I haven't played it in well over a week now XP ). I've started occupying some of my time by making gifts and cards for friends and family and I'm lowkey worried people's expectations will get too high 😅

starting to lose the will with the switch oled, i've had 3 or 4 chances within the last couple weeks to get one but they've all been the white version and i'm after the black version

don't suppose anyone has the newer 2020 edition of the Back To The Future visual history by any chance? i never got round to getting the 2017 edition and was wondering what the 2020 differences were so i looked at the reviews on amazon and saw someone complaining that the props were glued into the book with strong glue that you had to be pretty careful with when trying to remove and wonder if it was on funi levels of glue or the newer AL glue

Going to a gig in London tonight and tube strikes have made getting around so hectic. Going from waterloo to tufnell park on the northern line requires me to change at caring cross and camden. Charing cross was a nightmare

Do you have any kind of semi-recent (ie last ten years) gaming PC? FF13 (including its two sequels) eventually got ported.
I don't play games on PC. I used to own a Xbox 360 back in the day but I'm more of a playstation player. I've played FF13 on my PS3 but it's a hassle getting it out.

Can anyone recommend a HDMI splitter (or whatever it’s called). I have too many consoles/ blu ray player and not enough ports on my tv. I’m getting fed up of switching my HDMI lead if I want to play a different console.

Can anyone recommend a HDMI splitter (or whatever it’s called). I have too many consoles/ blu ray player and not enough ports on my tv. I’m getting fed up of switching my HDMI lead if I want to play a different console.
I think to mean a HDMI switch? Seeing as it's a digital signal they're mostly all the same, but with varying features. This is also why expensive cables means nothing.

I just recommend ensuring it supports HDCP and the latest version of HDMI.

I had the same problem earlier this year so picked up this one from Amazon. Haven’t had any issues so far though not sure spec-wise if it’ll match what you need.

They also help for removing wear on actual HDMI port, due to less plugging in and out, changing a HDMI splitter/switch is much cheaper than replacing a HDMI port on a TV or console.

I have a Star joining one and that seems to have worked well enough for 3-4 years, but that out of stock now. I suspect mine was just a all part made in same place or china and then a company throw there logo on and sell.
Mine was pretty much identical in look to the one HWR mentioned except mine didn't have a fixed/fitter HDMI input (just used another HDMI cable, only really benfit there is if faulty easy to replace and can choose lenght).

Last edited:
one important thing to look out for with a splitter is make sure it has an AC plug, most HDMI devices have HDCP which won't work on the stand alone ones

Back