The General Conversation Area

I find it weird that HiDive has started asking me to prove I'm human by answering basic maths questions. Apparently if there's one cast-iron way to prove you're not a computer, it's doing simple computation...
Is the question in an image or in text? Makes more sense if it's part of an image like the usual tests. My account isn't giving me these tests so I wouldn't know

Last edited:
Is the question in an image or in text? Makes more sense if it's part of an image like the usual tests. My account isn't giving me these tests so I wouldn't know
It's just text from the look of it. The interface is very basic; I think it's just something they cobbled together rather than a real CAPTCHA.

Had a crazy weekend of DnD!

Met an Abott who seemed well suspect as he had all these weird chimera creatures locked up but when we met him he was a bit odd but fairly decent. It was more of an asylum he was running to keep the creatures safe it seemed and he said he could raise dead for us. We realised my bard had only died 7 days ago in game time we went and dug him up and he brought him back. So I now have 2 characters to play!

We then ran into our rangers nemesis who a tough SOB (and had been stalking and killing his family for sometime) but managed to defeat him without losing our ranger and our Fallen Aisimir landed the killing blow which triggered her re-ascension to divinity and her skeletal wings became angelic again! Our DM played it all to perfection as we no idea what was going on!

Last edited:
Had a crazy weekend of DnD!

Met an Abott who seemed well suspect as he had all these weird chimera creatures locked up but when we met him he was a bit odd but fairly decent. It was more of an asylum he was running to keep the creatures safe it seemed and he said he could raise dead for us. We realised my bard had only died 7 days ago in game time we went and dug him up and he brought him back. So I now have 2 characters to play!

We then ran into our rangers nemesis who a tough SOB (and had been stalking and killing his family for sometime) but managed to defeat him without losing our ranger and our Fallen Aisimir landed the killing blow which triggered her re-ascension to divinity and her skeletal eing became angelic again! Our DM played it all to perfection as we no idea what was going on!

So I just had a random chat on the phone to a nice chap name mark.
Found out he use to work for forbidden planet.
Anyway we got to talking and he has a lot of models that he has little interest in. Please note these models are mostly prototypes and they were for display purposes only and never sold over the counter. I'm not even sure if there all anime related either.
He wants to get rid of them.
I told him that I know a few people on the forum that collect models so if your interested in taking to him I'll forward his Facebook and you can go from there.

Just got the Gurren Lagann blu ray off an ebay seller sealed and brand new. When it arrived I took off the shrink wrap and realised that it had a very prominent odour that smelled somewhere between burning plastic and pee. The paper cover also seemed slighty damaged and had marks that looked like something sticky had been on it. Any idea what this could be and if the smell will go? Not sure whether to open up a case on ebay and try return it when the seller doesn’t accept returns. Thanks.

Just got the Gurren Lagann blu ray off an ebay seller sealed and brand new. When it arrived I took off the shrink wrap and realised that it had a very prominent odour that smelled somewhere between burning plastic and pee. The paper cover also seemed slighty damaged and had marks that looked like something sticky had been on it. Any idea what this could be and if the smell will go? Not sure whether to open up a case on ebay and try return it when the seller doesn’t accept returns. Thanks.
Seem to me that they have done a reseal. Not sure about the pee but a heat gun done wrong would definitely cause an odor. Also the blu ray case itself may also have crinkles on the sleeve too.
Message the seller first and go from there.
Do you have a picture by the way?
Last resort contact eBay for a return/refund then it's in the sellers court.

Seem to me that they have done a reseal. Not sure about the pee but a heat gun done wrong would definitely cause an odor. Also the blu ray case itself may also have crinkles on the sleeve too.
Message the seller first and go from there.
Do you have a picture by the way?
Last resort contact eBay for a return/refund then it's in the sellers court.
This seems to be the best picture I could get to show the markings. The actual case has a few scratches but no markings in the same place as the paper cover. A glue gun seems like a pretty apt description of the smell now you mentioned it. I spoke to the seller and they said it occurred when it was manufactured and has nothing to do with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_214238113.jpg
    IMG_20210924_214238113.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 17
This seems to be the best picture I could get to show the markings. The actual case has a few scratches but no markings in the same place as the paper cover. A glue gun seems like a pretty apt description of the smell now you mentioned it. I spoke to the seller and they said it occurred when it was manufactured and has nothing to do with them.
Then you will now be entitled to a refund. The seller himself has just verified that the damage has occurred during the manufacturing process and as you cannot return it to the manufacturer it will be down to him/her to do so.

Actual printing ink can have a unique odur that maybe isn't what I would call desirable. And maybe with a combined damp that it looks to have, then maybe thats the smell (or some of it).

I did grab a few things back in the "Christmas All The Anime" sale and they did have slight damp effect (but no really odur that I rememeber), but no where near that bad.
I did manage to sort mine by taking them out (of the case) putting them on a flat surface and then leaving them under a large flat weight (so in my case 10 thick heavy books)
But I think that level of crinkling/damp might be a bit too much. And fixing it may not actually help you if you intend to return.

I'm not too familiar with re-sealing but I would expect All the Anime/ Gurren Laggan to have orgianlly been in that crinkly cellophane which at the top and bottom are just folded in.
I don't think that how re-sealing would have been done, but I have not tried it so have no idea of the process/ final results.

But either way I would like to think the seller would have noticed this damp effect on the cover (and as Denny mentioned they have verified that they were probably aware of it as it happened during manafacturing). And I would like to hope they would then actually mention this in the listing. If it is mentioned on the listing might be a bit harder, but still not impossible.

But yeah I would go with what Denny is suggesting and see if you can get a solution

Actual printing ink can have a unique odur that maybe isn't what I would call desirable. And maybe with a combined damp that it looks to have, then maybe thats the smell (or some of it).

I did grab a few things back in the "Christmas All The Anime" sale and they did have slight damp effect (but no really odur that I rememeber), but no where near that bad.
I did manage to sort mine by taking them out (of the case) putting them on a flat surface and then leaving them under a large flat weight (so in my case 10 thick heavy books)
But I think that level of crinkling/damp might be a bit too much. And fixing it may not actually help you if you intend to return.

I'm not too familiar with re-sealing but I would expect All the Anime/ Gurren Laggan to have orgianlly been in that crinkly cellophane which at the top and bottom are just folded in.
I don't think that how re-sealing would have been done, but I have not tried it so have no idea of the process/ final results.

But either way I would like to think the seller would have noticed this damp effect on the cover (and as Denny mentioned they have verified that they were probably aware of it as it happened during manafacturing). And I would like to hope they would then actually mention this in the listing. If it is mentioned on the listing might be a bit harder, but still not impossible.

But yeah I would go with what Denny is suggesting and see if you can get a solution
Thanks. I removed the slip cover and the smell is only coming from that so the printing ink being the source would explain a lot. The eBay seller didn't mention it but they were selling a batch of ten and the one in the image was not crinkled. I'm less concerned about the crinkling and more about the lingering smell. I'll leave it out overnight and see if it airs out a bit. Will also try your book suggestion as well for the crinkling. Thanks.

From looking at the damage it does look like it's more likely to be water damage.
If they did use the heat gun there would be visible damage on the case too as shown in this picture.
Yet you did state that there was some scratch damage to the case, so its not out of the scope that they have been resealed. IMG_20210925_013112.jpg

Back