The General Conversation Area

I decided to post this question on this thread, as I thought it would be too off-topic for the Questions thread, due to said thread being strictly anime related. Anyone who attended MCM Comic Con previously (specificially MCM London), if anyone chose "print at home" tickets, are the tickets required to be printed in colour, or are black and white printed tickets acceptable?
As long as it has the barcode you should be able to enter. Last year I had the ticket via email which has the barcode (QR Code) so they just scanned that and I got in.

Black and white is fine. It's only the bar code that's needed as they scan the ticket when you arrive. Tbh one time I left my ticket at home and just bought it up on my phone screen and it was fine.
As long as it has the barcode you should be able to enter. Last year I had the ticket via email which has the barcode (QR Code) so they just scanned that and I got in.

Thanks for your help, the both of you! Now I won't have to worry about getting colour ink for my printer to print my tickets.

That Brit Floyd concert I'm going to this coming Tuesday (if they don't cancel it due to the Corona virus) allows entrance ONLY by QR code on a phone - nothing printed will be accepted. First time I've ever seen that. I guess if you don't own a smartphone you're out of luck getting in.

I was thinking about not going to a local anime convention on the 20th to 22nd due to the corona virus but after doing some research I decided to go.

I'm suprised the MCM London Comic Con is still happening considering bigger ones (particularly the US ones) might get cancelled
It may still get cancelled theirs cobra meting happening today something about going into the delay stage so just keep a eye out for any updates on the news but i still hope it doesn't get cancelled same goes for hyper Japan.

It's a possibility. There's lots of large events that are being cancelled. We've not been sent home yet though. I could do with two weeks PS4 time!

Well, who knows what could happen by the end of May (MCM London is scheduled for 29th to 31st May).

As for MCM Birmingham on 21st to 22nd March (which I never had plans to go to anyway), it seems that it's going ahead as planned despite the coronavirus.

But things could change between now and then (in both cases).

Well, who knows what could happen by the end of May (MCM London is scheduled for 29th to 31st May).

As for MCM Birmingham on 21st to 22nd March (which I never had plans to go to anyway), it seems that it's going ahead as planned despite the coronavirus.

But things could change between now and then (in both cases).
Unless Boris Johnson plans to ban large gatherings, MCM Birmingham is currently still going as planned.

I hope all these big events do get cancelled to be honest. I know there seems to be a difference of opinion on how to handle this Corona crisis, but I can't help but think it's madly irresponsible to be having these huge crowded events when this virus is spreading like wildfire right now. Our government seems to be operating under the morbid assumption that most of us will get this eventually, unlike other countries that are actually trying to contain it.

Well, my Brit Floyd concert is still on for Tuesday the 17th at the Hershey Theatre here in Pennsylvania, but the concert scheduled 4 days later with the local Symphony Orchestra has been postponed. There is a concert tonight with the Red Hot Chili Peppers that is still scheduled, and another concert on 3/26 still on the schedule. Four days to go; I have a feeling my concert will end up being cancelled.

So I finally met someone else that works for sentai.
So I am hoping to sort out my short fall in sentai titles. As this guy seems to work in distribution.
My other guy seems limited in the stock he can source. So fingers cross.

I hope all these big events do get cancelled to be honest. I know there seems to be a difference of opinion on how to handle this Corona crisis, but I can't help but think it's madly irresponsible to be having these huge crowded events when this virus is spreading like wildfire right now. Our government seems to be operating under the morbid assumption that most of us will get this eventually, unlike other countries that are actually trying to contain it.
Read this it explains everything you need to know.

The thing that really pisses me off about this whole covid 19 thing is that there's no crap paper in any store near me. I almost got into a fist fight with an ass who snatched the last package out from under my hands as I was reaching for it on the shelf-luckily the store manager gave it to me on the condition that there be no fighting.

Back