The General Conversation Area

That's... an interesting idea. 🤨
Any idea how well studied that theory is?
To this day people still can't really claim with any certainty to know the cause of most mental disorders. All we have is theories, but the scientific and medical communities do have a tendency to try and strangle any ideas that deviate from their orthodoxies (where's @Vashdaman when you need him?) despite the fact that in the past, medical orthodoxy included things like lobotomies and EST. What Bateson and Laing in particular were mainly arguing for was greater attempts to explore and understand the root causes rather than just trying to treat the symptoms, which sadly (as someone with experience of mental health services) seems to be the default these days, for whatever reason - I suspect dogma, money and the cost of time all play a role. It's not really a whole lot different from what Freud was exploring, and at least we got psychotherapy out of it.

While looking for an appropriate place to put this I found an absolutely horrible thread from years ago from a time I'd rather forget... It can go here.

I broke my iphone last night. The meltdown that occurred after was mad. My old iphone before that no longer recognises the charger and all my Mum has spare is an Amazon Fire phone which was dead so was charging. I have no contacts, no FB app, only FB messenger. I didnt have an alarm as I use my phone so cried down the phone to Mum (I called her off my landline!!! haha), over how I wont wake for work and dont have my managers number now to explain and she found an alarm clock for me. I questioned its reliability lmao. It's sad what tech has done to me and basically everyone else hahaha.

Its surprising just how much we rely on a phone nowadays. Hopefully it wont take too long to repair/replace.

How’d you manage to break it?

Yeah I'm pretty gutted with myself I was so affected. I'm still on the crap fire phone atm but you know what, I'm adjusting. Still got no FB or IG app, no contacts but I have access to FB messenger to speak with friends and I'm using phones browser for FB access and have my Mums number. So at least I'm not as bad as initially thought since I'm adjusting lol. My friend at work is taking the replacement screen and phone I've ordered home with him to attempt to install for me when he's next free.

To answer what I did, I drop my phone ALL THE TIME. Eventually the screen starts to pop out. I've clicked it back loadsa times before no issue. This time the screen was out a few mm where I could see the led lights when i looked down the top of it. Clicked it back and it's f*cked it this time. New screen may not even fix it but my phones an SE so not worth the £136 screen replacement Apple charges haha.

Got an exes old iPhone 6 and hoping it's just a dud battery, got that booked in for replacement on Friday so ideally I'll have 2 phones as my god do I need a backup hahaha.

I'm so run down. Got a coldsore, rarely get em anymore :(

You really like to share don't you :)

I talk a lot of twaddle cause I have no friends/no one to talk to lol.

Anyone got sh*t to look forward to this month? :)

Captaaain, I'd like to say that its just an apple design flaw as my Mum used to go at me for always dropping it and now she has one she's doing it sometimes haha.

Yeah I'm pretty gutted with myself I was so affected. I'm still on the crap fire phone atm but you know what, I'm adjusting. Still got no FB or IG app, no contacts but I have access to FB messenger to speak with friends and I'm using phones browser for FB access and have my Mums number. So at least I'm not as bad as initially thought since I'm adjusting lol. My friend at work is taking the replacement screen and phone I've ordered home with him to attempt to install for me when he's next free.

To answer what I did, I drop my phone ALL THE TIME. Eventually the screen starts to pop out. I've clicked it back loadsa times before no issue. This time the screen was out a few mm where I could see the led lights when i looked down the top of it. Clicked it back and it's f*cked it this time. New screen may not even fix it but my phones an SE so not worth the £136 screen replacement Apple charges haha.

Got an exes old iPhone 6 and hoping it's just a dud battery, got that booked in for replacement on Friday so ideally I'll have 2 phones as my god do I need a backup hahaha.

I'm so run down. Got a coldsore, rarely get em anymore :(
Oh my i can relate. One time i got my screen replaced then less than a week later it landed on concrete screen first and well... it needed mending again. It’s always such a pain.

I have a couple things I’m looking forward to this month, the first is my third year anniversary of getting together with my fiancée so we’ll be giving each other some stuff (any excuse for this is good, we do it even without excuses, haha) and will probably have a couple people over during the daytime. Other than that I have a judo competition coming up so that will also be fun.

You looking forward to anything yourself?

This month for me looking forward to things it’s the second deluxe volume for berserk and kill la kill IF, just been playing the demo

Edit: almost forgot octopus lips
<
Her movie’s out on DVD around the same time as Kill La Kill IF

I talk a lot of twaddle cause I have no friends/no one to talk to lol.

Anyone got sh*t to look forward to this month? :)

Captaaain, I'd like to say that its just an apple design flaw as my Mum used to go at me for always dropping it and now she has one she's doing it sometimes haha.

I think the main event (GeekFest) for this month came and went! :D

Now got a two day work event on everything Agile!

/umiko

I think the main event (GeekFest) for this month came and went! :D

Now got a two day work event on everything Agile!

/umiko
Work is evil!! Question is though, is this an event for work where you get to basically do nothing or one where y’know work is required?

Very much doing nothing and listening to talks. :)

/umiko
Uh... yes... listening
41FySQi9luL.jpg

Flawless

Hi all, sorry I've been awol, been busy with work and life. My relationships on the up as is my career which is nice :) how are we all?

Adam, did you see Battle Royale back when Home showed it? - I'm always looking at what classics they release.

I'm seeing Spidey on Saturday finally and having lunch at Byron Burger too.

Sunday I'm going to some Food Festival up in Yorkshire. I hope it's dry as I want to gorge!!

Hi all, sorry I've been awol, been busy with work and life. My relationships on the up as is my career which is nice :) how are we all?

Glad to hear things are on the up, tomorrow is my third anniversary of meeting my partner so am having a little get together for that then Sunday i have a judo competition so am looking forward to that. Should definitely make for a good week.

Back