The General Conversation Area

We had our national championships this weekend. I walked away with a bronze medal in K1 Full Contact fighting. Although for some reason waking up since then has become something of a chore...

Most people I've seen in my small circle of friends/family who did the Ice Bucket Challenge have donated (including myself), but I can see why people don't like the idea, for reasons that have already mentioned in this thread, such things become diluted over time and eventually some people who just want to be trendy will jump onto the bandwagon.

That said, I haven't posted on here for a long time now (2 or 3 years? EDIT: only a year it seems), it's good to see that this forum is as active as ever, and that there's still a few familiar faces floating about!

Arbalest said:
I actually had a rage about the Ice Bucket Challenge on facebook a couple days back. I think the issue i had was that, the general UK populous probably know it better as Motoneuron disease rather than ALS, so a lot of them won't have a clue what it's for. And the other problem is, noone ever points out in their videos where to donate (alsa and the macmillan cancer research). Annoys me. If you're going to take part, mention where to donate and donate yourself! blahhhh.

This is EXACTLY the same thing I ranted about. People not mentioning anything about what they are donating towards or if they've even done it. I got quite mad, saying I hope all these people had just forgot to mention it and had actually donated. I had a friend at college who's mum died of MND this year so it hit home for me and really got to me. She had such a hard time with it and she's young to have lost her mum, she's on fb too so it upset me a lot.

I want a puppy. Really bad. My house doesn't stay puppy safe for too long though i.e there's stuff that like a baby, it would swallow off the floor, trip up over dvds and clothes etc. I'm gona have to learn to keep on top of stuff so it doesnt pile up but I want a puppy nooooooooow :'(

Pondering names something fierce. Think if it's a boy I'd call it Fang or Ato and if it's a girl, I'd call it Emy/Emi or Biscuit :3

I was supposed to be getting my brothers dogs, mums new litter when they're born but my Mum has spotted some maltese terriers in the pet shop that I don't think I can pass on since I could get them sooner.

Raaaaawwwwwwwwwwwr duno :(

Overhearing conversations at work about the Ice bucket challenge and it's surprising how many people who have done it have no clue what it is for

At first the ice bucket challenge has a purpose---- To get the attention of people by pouring water on themselves and ask the people to donate for the ALS. Because seriously, if rich people just donate money, people doesn't care much won't even have a second glance if they saw a picture of some rich guy donating to something. Even me, this won't get my attention. So they started pouring water on their heads, and see the result, how many views each videos got on youtube and it definitely caught the attention of the mass.

But now, many people is doing the ice bucket challenge without any idea what it is for and just do it coz its the current trend. It did piqued the interest of the people, not everyone saw the point though.

I found out my little bunny Tiree is a girl. She's been nesting and pulling out fur to put in the nest. I read it's only girls that do this so....there we go! She's been so adorable lately, really affectionate. She comes over to me to get nose rubs and licks me in return (which apparently is high praise from a rabbit?). She's made me so much happier and really helps me to keep going. It's quite comforting at night to hear my rabbit and hamster (Oz) as I'm going to sleep :3

Upload it to imgur.com, copy the BBcode and put an l (small L) at the end of the filename.

[*img]imgur.com/example.jpg[*/img] (real BBCode doesn't have the * in)

becomes:

[*img]imgur.com/examplel.jpg[*/img] (real BBCode doesn't have the * in)

I used to use Irfranview (sp?) for my resizes back in the day. I only bloody found out a couple of months back you can resize things in paint! NEVER knew that :O

I can see me going round the house with my laptop now just going 'Picture. Smaller. Please?' :lol: I will get one up! I have the cutest photo from when I just got her so I will make this a personal mission!! >.<

Yeah definitely give it a try so we can see :) I finally managed to get one in a smaller size that I uploaded off my phone of my pup pup. It was taken off my Mums blackberry pearl and sent to mine, that's how I cheated it's file size lmao.

Is it rubbish call week?

So far I've had 9 rubbish calls over yesterday and today (usual 'free' holidays, chuggers, PPI junk). Gets annoying when I'm waiting to hear back from someone who refuses to call a mobile

Kite said:
Is it rubbish call week?

So far I've had 9 rubbish calls over yesterday and today (usual 'free' holidays, chuggers, PPI junk). Gets annoying when I'm waiting to hear back from someone who refuses to call a mobile
Had around four calls on the house phone today, all for my dad. I picked up the phone each time in case it was an agency calling about a job.

Kite said:
Is it rubbish call week?

I've not had any calls of that nature for a while now, then again I ignore the phone 9/10 times when it rings. Very few people call me on the landline, and everyone else I usually stay in contact with either via mobile or Facebook.

Back