The General Conversation Area

*walks in wiping crumbs from beard*

Ahhhh, much better!

Before lunch I had to climb into my attic to see if there was insulation up there (for the sale). I've lived up in the house for 7 going on 8 years and this was my first time up there. Nearly broke my neck when a house spider scattered out at my face! lol

God damn spiders....

Ahh, now i have that 5o'clock look going, manly because the gf has no scissors at her uni so when i turned up on thursday (unshaven for a week) she told me to get rid of the beard that was a decent size :/ so no scissors meant i couldn't just trim the goatie down, tried to trim it down my gently cutting the hairs without touching the blade to my face properly. ended up with a bald patch from going to far and ended up having to go "bald"

I've been good these past few weeks too, keeping the facial hair down to a minimum.... bloody scissors.

Your scared of spiders? o_O learn something new everyday, anyway what was the end result... did you have insulation?

I'm not scared of spiders once I know they're there, but when you're only kneck high in an attic you've never been in before, and a spider scatters at your face, it's gonna give you a fright. lol

I'm scared of sharks though. O_O
Well... the sea really...

*shudders*

lol Fair enough

Sharks... i know if you punch their nose you'll stun it abit and it should leave you for about 30seconds. I'd just swim to the sea bed and stay still.

cautious of the sea at any rate, even with nets and wearing a snorkly mask, you may be able to see about 3 metres infront of you, but thats all. and sometimes its the unknown thats worse than knowing there's a shark or man of war drifting towards you

Man of war! *shivers*

Anything seaworthy would probably put the shits up me! I used to have nightmares about whales. -_-

Anyway, enough about my sea fear. Heh. Not long to go till freedom. Hope your getting some more pancakes on the go tonight Tach!

Time to be off! Cioa for now!

Voddas said:
I too only sleep 5/6 hours a night but I've read a study that people only need 5/6 hours. There was nothing about people being more likely to die?! o_O

Yeah, you only need 5-6. Heck, the record is someone who only slept one hour in a night during a sleep study. It just means you'll be more likely to die a bit younger.

Tachi- said:
As far as i was aware for children the average is 10 hours. for teenagers its between 10 and 12. for adults its 8.

I'd have 8 hours sleep at night.... but that would mean going to bed at 11, and thats not happening at all.

That's right in some ways. The average for an adult is 7-8, most falling at 7.5hrs. As for children they need more sleep as the brain is still developing, and making connections (I won't even start explaining the biology). I know this is true for babies, it wouldn't be unreasonable for children who are still very much developing.

As for teenagers 10-12 hours is an exaggeration. Most averages for teenagers are balls - Some live off of as little as 4-5 hours, others (like myself) prefer the 9-10 hours. This is also likely due to hormones and development affecting sleep.

The study cited is referring to an adults sleeping pattern - at which it should have settled down into a routine. Evidence suggests the amount of sleep you end up settling into is genetic - so if your parents only sleep like, 5 hours, it's likely you'll lean that way too. Heck, I'm not saying you should make yourself sleep more - I'm just saying that there is a definite link. It was more just a passing comment, to be honest.

However, I would suggest trying to get more sleep. I mean if you're running fine on 5 hours that's great but - if you can cut out a cup of coffee/energy drink, and make up for it by a bit more sleep, it'll do you wonderfully in terms of health benefits. Caffeine is a real bitch to the way the body functions - so it's fine on occasion, but if you're regularly interfering with it (Like having a cup o' coffee every morning) then it's obviously not gonna do it much good. I know it seems **** going to sleep earlier - but it may just make you feel better during the day, less tired, and allow you to use time more productively, while benefiting your health.

Cos I'm a big tea drinker, I couldn't believe the difference replacing that with decaf* throughout the day made. I would need to go back to caffeinated to experience the actual sleep deprivation difference again and although sometimes I still struggle to sleep, I think its massively better than when I drunk caffeine.

*I don't drink soft drinks.

lol i tend to drink Lucozade Sport or just juice ina mornin' not one for coffee anymore, through my teenage years i used to go to bed at about 1 and get up at quarter to 8, out the door by 10past.

Used to wake up and have a coffee, now a days my stomach can't be bothered with food before 11am, im funny like that..... just like if i'm travelling that day and need to be up at 6am or something i can't eat all day, just makes me feel sick lol

@Voddas, my sister decided to walk in a little cove in spain years back and stood on a sea urchin, took a year an a half to get rid of em because they could take out the poison but not the spines, they had to come out themselves because they break easy.

Anyway, how's everyone?

Last night I put my headphones in its case, and I thought I had put it back into my bag - I didn't. This is troublesome because I was perfectly fine listening to the earphones I brought with me [as well] but as I sat down on the bus, the cable got stuck on the chair and made a clean split between the thingy that goes into the iPhone and the rest of it.

I ******* hate my life. I need SOUNDS!

can't you listen to the radio? i'm listenin to radio 1. loving it compared to heart.

*deep seated hatred for fluffy pop and dirty dancing sound tracks spamming the airways because of heart radio*

That sucks Jamye. We've just had a meeting about us moving office, and where we are moving to music is band!! I've gotten used to listening to tunes so I have no idea how i'll cope. Probably take up writting again.

@Tachi: I've stood on a sea urchin before but it only just got me. Was freaking horrible. I feel for your sister (in the emotional sense). ;P

Slept like the dead last night. Was planning on staying up as Sarah went to bed early. Stuck on some K-On!! and fell asleep on the sofa half way threw the second episode. Luckily I woke up during the preview so dragged myself to bed.

Can't be doing with today. Roll on 5.00.

Music is banned? what about listening to your ipod? surely you should be allowed to listen to something, thats just insane.

As much as i hate heart radio i'd rather listen to that drabble than nothing at all! just think yourself lucky that they can't possibly make your job over 20miles away from your house, in another town... complete joke IMO but hey, thats the NHS for you.

Ouch, i sat on the rocks as she wandered about, i did warn her that there's dangerous things in the water.... my family never listen to common sense,

Its Wednesday voddas, stay focused on the weekend, stay positive! Hoping the weekend comes soon, just want the time to relax (and the posibility of having an indian)

No ipods either!! They are trying the "no Distractions" technique, to see how we work. The fcuked up thing is that it seems to be working in other offices. Fools!!!

Anyway, that's out of my hands.

I know it's Wednesday Tachimon. I'm looking forward to the Radio tonight and then only two more days till the weekend. It'll fly by as usual... but still... can't be doing with today.

Want to get the lunch breaks done with now so I can relax knowing there's more people to cover the work. I need some sitting back time.

What?! surely the other offices would have thought "hang on, if we all seem less motivated without the radio they'll bring it back" Idiots ¬__¬ (actually, you knew they where idiots because of the glee cds you have to endure)

I keep turning the radio over from heart to radio 1, i get in the next morning and its back on heart, tempted to change it over one day and say "i've had to endure your crappy music for nearly 4 years, now its my turn" Chris moyles in a morning is good fun to listen to :)

Spent lastnight playing MH, downloading music and talkin to the gf on skype. lookin about online for concert tickets for boyzone or westlife or take that (treat for the gf) because when i take there.... it means i can say "we should go to either download or to see a comedian" :p

Lunch in 15mins, have all week to deal with this workload so just sorting it out in my own time.

I find Chris Moyles absolutely awful but I always prefer to listen to people chatting in the morning so even though it's terrible radio, its usually worth listening to for a bit.

I also like how Tachi only does nice stuff on occasion to get something in return. :p

Not just me then... I've worked without music before so it should be ok. I can amuse myself easily when I have free time (not that theres been alot of that recently).

Just had a call from my solicitors. They want me out of the house by the end of the month!! O_O
Everythings moving so quickly!

Back