The General Conversation Area

I have started the job hunt. So far I have applied for around four roles, but hopefully with myself living in the location where I want to be will change the game this time around (previously I lived in a completely different location which caused a lot of ghosting).

It's kind of ridiculously how big TVs are getting if you ask me. It seems they are positioning 43" as average (although it already seems to shift to 55"). While I'm all for big TVs being an option, it's not as if the rooms that will house them have grown over time :p

I have started the job hunt. So far I have applied for around four roles, but hopefully with myself living in the location where I want to be will change the game this time around (previously I lived in a completely different location which caused a lot of ghosting).
Good luck! Living close to your work has it advantages, just be careful not to "bring your work home" (not sure how to word it). Having a short commute can do wonders in terms of winding down and processing what happened on an eventful day, from my experience.

At this point I’d say 32” is the basic size whilst any sizes between 40” to 50” are being touted as living room standard.

When looking at 50” TVs in Richer Sounds yesterday I was taken aback by how they weren’t even the biggest models in there.

My recent upgrade was 3” bigger and though the difference in size was minimal at first my eyes have had to adjust a fair amount. I doubt I could go any bigger unless I somehow ended up with a house with an especially large living room.

Good luck! Living close to your work has it advantages, just be careful not to "bring your work home" (not sure how to word it). Having a short commute can do wonders in terms of winding down and processing what happened on an eventful day, from my experience.
Yeah I can see what you mean. Like after what happened with my first job I wouldn't want to go through visiting that area again, heck I didn't listen to any music on the way back as I tend to remember bad events whenever I listen to music or watch stuff.

You can never have a TV too big. Doesn't fit in a room? Knock a wall out or move to a bigger house 😉 I watch anime on a 55" TV, if I'm watching a movie then I project onto a 100" screen 😎

And here's me kinda wishing I went with the 65" version of my TV as 55" seems to get smaller by the day :p I did actually consider it but the space in my TV unit is exactly 65" so it wouldn't have fit.

Also I still have a Christmas avatar, I should change that...

And here's me kinda wishing I went with the 65" version of my TV as 55" seems to get smaller by the day :p I did actually consider it but the space in my TV unit is exactly 65" so it wouldn't have fit.

Also I still have a Christmas avatar, I should change that...
Can't change your avatar now, it'll be bad luck. You have to keep it until next Christmas. 🎅

Back