The Gate is Closing! Anime Ltd’s Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition is going Out of Print

N

NormanicGrav

The latest addition to Anime Limited’s ‘Soon to be Out of Print’ section has now updated with a new title!

We at Anime UK News love to remind folks about various important notices just in case that certain someone needs it the most, and now we have been notified that Anime Limited will soon run out of stock for their Ultimate Edition release of the 2003 adaptation for Fullmetal Alchemist. This massive set was designed with a huge replica of the show’s Gate which weighs a ton and is made of resin!

FMA_Ult_thumbnail_1024x1024.jpg

The contents of the ultimate edition include:

• Collector’s Edition Part 1 – Episodes 1-27 and 7 Artcards
  • Collector’s Edition Part 2 – Episodes 28-51 and 7 Artcards
  • 260-page large sized Artwork Artbook (26cm x 26cm)
  • Replica of the Gate made of Resin

In an era of war and corruption, State Alchemist Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse desperately search for the Philosopher’s Stone. The legendary artifact is their last hope to restore what they’ve lost – but how far will they go to get it? From the ashes of their childhood, Edward and Alphonse quickly rise to fame within the ranks of the military, realizing along the way that the power to create is only ever a breath away from the power to destroy. And whether they’re up against monsters, madmen, or military officials, the bond these brothers share will be the greatest weapon they have in the fight for their lives.

The collector’s edition sets will still remain in print, but if you wish to acquire the ultimate set then we suggest you grab one as soon as you can over on AllTheAnime!

Continue reading...

I'm not surprised to see this is close to selling out, I think it went through close to 800 units at release? I remember thinking it wouldn't be in print long.

I'm not surprised to see this is close to selling out, I think it went through close to 800 units at release? I remember thinking it wouldn't be in print long.

There were 1000 produced I believe, but only like 970 put up for sale. I imagine the extras were for staff, and incase a few got damaged, and they would need to replace.

This is by far the most awesome limited edition anime set I have in my anime collection - I still find it hard to believe they actually made something this big and heavy and detailed to hold an anime series in - it is simply amazing. I own the Funimation collector's edition for this series as well, and this one is so much more impressive. Get one while you can!

Greetings all, first post on this forum for me - I'm in the USA but I do import a lot of collector's edition anime from the UK, as I love chipboard boxes and digipaks. We really don't get very much of that in the domestic anime market over in the US anymore - and what we do get is of fair quality at best. I really dislike buying anime in standard Blu-ray cases with o-card slipcovers - ugh. So please keep all those awesome UK premium anime releases coming!

This is by far the most awesome limited edition anime set I have in my anime collection - I still find it hard to believe they actually made something this big and heavy and detailed to hold an anime series in - it is simply amazing. I own the Funimation collector's edition for this series as well, and this one is so much more impressive. Get one while you can!

Greetings all, first post on this forum for me - I'm in the USA but I do import a lot of collector's edition anime from the UK, as I love chipboard boxes and digipaks. We really don't get very much of that in the domestic anime market over in the US anymore - and what we do get is of fair quality at best. I really dislike buying anime in standard Blu-ray cases with o-card slipcovers - ugh. So please keep all those awesome UK premium anime releases coming!

Well this is a surprise, I wasn't expecting to see someone from the BD forum pop up here. Welcome!

Hey Normanic - Thanks for the welcome! I see a couple of users I recognize over here from other forums, including yourself and Lambadelta above, and I've been reading this one for quite a while, so I figured I'd go ahead and sign up so I can participate. It looks like this is a really good forum to keep updated on any new UK releases, so I'm all in!

Hey Normanic - Thanks for the welcome! I see a couple of users I recognize over here from other forums, including yourself and Lambadelta above, and I've been reading this one for quite a while, so I figured I'd go ahead and sign up so I can participate. It looks like this is a really good forum to keep updated on any new UK releases, so I'm all in!

AUKN is pretty much the best place to go for UK news in recent years, especially with Anime Limited popping up every now and then for random updates.

Since I know you have a good collection, there's a special thread dedicated to that! I haven't updated mine in over a year but I'm saving it for the right moment, granted most who follow me will already know what I get thanks to my blog.

OK, I'll keep that thread in mind - as you probably saw over on the BD forum, I've just finished construction of two more media shelves for my anime, so as soon as I get them painted, installed and loaded up with my collection, I'll have to take a few pics for that thread! Just give me a month or so...

Back