The Eminence in Shadow Volume 1 Review

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Protagonist Cid Kagenoh dreams of having his own secret organisation that fights evil from the shadows. Sadly, that's not possible in Japan - but when our hero is reincarnated in a fantasy world, he finds himself in the perfect position to chase his dreams! So begins The Eminence in Shadow...

Continue reading...

Protagonist Cid Kagenoh dreams of having his own secret organisation that fights evil from the shadows. Sadly, that's not possible in Japan - but when our hero is reincarnated in a fantasy world, he finds himself in the perfect position to chase his dreams! So begins The Eminence in Shadow...

Continue reading...
Its a great show although the comedy isnt always funny it. I dont think theres a show in the world that has been able to make all of its jokes funny. Also you said that he did nothing and the girls just fell in love with him. Thats not true.

He literally “sacrificed” himself in order to save… Rose? Dont remember who exactly but that happened. Also if a girl sacrificed her life to save mine you best belive ill be falling in love immediately. You also mentiond that the girls thought he was smarter than he was by just guessing. Sure in the beginnig it was just blind luck but as the show progressed so did he. The last thing he said in the final episode was “Everything is exactly how i want it to be”. That means that he had thought this through which also means that he had some character development even though it wasn't much. Although we didn't see alot of development that shouldn't be the key factor. The fighting scenes were all great. I dont know what show you were watching but his fight were great. Him beating Iris by not taking a step at all and his fight with Beatrix was awesome. I would not give this show any worse that a 9/10.

Edit: i just now saw that this is only volume 1 so ill see myself out

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a great show although the comedy isnt always funny it. I dont think theres a show in the world that has been able to make all of its jokes funny. Also you said that he did nothing and the girls just fell in love with him. Thats not true.

He literally “sacrificed” himself in order to save… Rose? Dont remember who exactly but that happened. Also if a girl sacrificed her life to save mine you best belive ill be falling in love immediately. You also mentiond that the girls thought he was smarter than he was by just guessing. Sure in the beginnig it was just blind luck but as the show progressed so did he. The last thing he said in the final episode was “Everything is exactly how i want it to be”. That means that he had thought this through which also means that he had some character development even though it wasn't much. Although we didn't see alot of development that shouldn't be the key factor. The fighting scenes were all great. I dont know what show you were watching but his fight were great. Him beating Iris by not taking a step at all and his fight with Beatrix was awesome. I would not give this show any worse that a 9/10.

Edit: i just now saw that this is only volume 1 so ill see myself out

Yeah I only read Volume 1 of the light novel which didn’t show any of the strengths that the anime has. Although I didn’t continue the LNs after this, I have watched all the anime and can agree with most of your praise for it. The series did get a lot better as it went on compared to that early content, to the point where I will probably pick up the rest of the books now too. :)

Back