Ginrei OVA is a lighthearted spinoff that's more fanservice than anything. It's entirely unnecessary.

Wish they'd made another couple of episodes of GR instead as while the series does end conclusively, it also leaves things tantalisingly open for more.

Along with Golden Boy mentioned the other day the Dr. Slump movie collection is also back in-stock on the Crunchyroll Store.

Was going to wait until payday but bit the bullet and ordered them now as they're OOP and was annoyed that I didn't get them earlier when they went out-of-stock prior.

Was hoping that would mean Monkey Punch's Cinderella Boy would come back in-stock as well as that was another title that went OOP at the same time as the other two but it hasn't popped up unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up on Saturday @Lucky_Deity looks like I picked it up in time.

No worries!

I'm pretty sure Discotek said at some point that a blu-ray wouldn't be possible for Golden Boy so this was likely the last chance for people (including myself) to get this for the foreseeable future (without paying ridiculous prices on ebay).

Dr. Slump I have no idea if it'll come back on blu-ray or SD-BD in the future and considering it's still fairly niche (despite being a Toriyama work), I can see it not happening unfortunately though interest may have risen due to Toriyama's unfortunate passing recently.

Now if Cinderella Boy could surprisingly come back in-stock for a bit I'd be happy (not to keep going on about it but annoyed I didn't get it earlier), I can't seem to find it on ebay at all (the Discotek release anyway).

Last edited:
Discotek's July 2024 line-up was revealed. They are going for a bi-monthly approach from here on I believe and they also mentioned their next expected Discotek Day event isn't until Otakon, but at least this timeframe is good for us to catch up on those classics.

Also worth noting they teased and revealed the Tokusatsu series Mobile Cop Jiban over the weekend. They did mention a while back that they were cooking some Toku Time titles so there's probably more to come.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Futakoi Alternative$39.95Japanese
with English Subs
13 episodesBlu-ray
Lupin the Third: Princess of the Breeze$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
TV SpecialBlu-ray
Lupin the Third: The Secret Page of Marco Polo$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
TV SpecialBlu-ray
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's$39.95English & Japanese
with English Subs