The Dark Knight Rises

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Avengers has a thread so it's only fair TDKR get one too.

Mostly an excuse to discuss the first official Catwoman image, which to say it has been controversial would be an understatement (going by CBM's comments anyway)

800catwoman32.png

What d'ya reckon? It doesn't look very "catty" and considering that Nolan has never called Selina's character Catwoman, this leads me to suspect that she may well not even be "catwoman" in the film at all.

I don't really have too much of an issue with this since the only difference it would make would be the addition of cat ears on a cowl. Nolan's universe has always been more grounded so I don't see that there's any need to add the cat persona.

She's still have the same personality no doubt, just not say meow. I mean I don't really know Catwoman's origins very much except from Year One, where it seems like she just went "i like cats, lol" and started wearing a themed costume just because Batman did. Batman's has a reason behind it so while it stretches suspense of disbelief in the nolanverse it doesn't break it, I think without a sensible origins Catwoman's might.

Of course this is merely my hypothesis so we might just not have seen that cat cowl yet *shrug*

Also some Bane:

32401L.jpg

I actually like his costume but still not a big fan of the weird finger mask, but it'll probably grow on me.

Think she's meant to be a thief or somesuch, so it works. Thought it was a pretty dull picture to release, too. Hope we don't get this pre-buzz for it every week.

Ehhh, I don't like the look of Catwoman that much (if that is her), it looks better than Batman Returns' Catwoman though (I prefer the 60's one, that's just me, one because her costume was better and two CW just comes off as a crazy ass lady in BR), I think that if that is her final costume we'll be judging on if she has feline qualities in the actual movie (such as the way she fights and stuff).

Having Bane and Catwoman seems a bit of an odd mix, but I think it'll definitely work, it's nice to see a villain that hasn't been done before in the Batman films, at least since the atrocious Batman & Robin (Joker has appeared at least 3 times, Catwoman will be the same as soon as this comes out, The Riddler, Penguin and Two-Face have all appeared twice) so it's a nice change...ish, we'll just have to wait and see if their working solo or as a duo.

EDIT: Major lol at your picture sparrow, I wonder if something like that'll happen in the movie, or at the very least a reference to it in one of the fight scenes like they did in one of the Batman cartoons.

memorium said:
Ehhh, I don't like the look of Catwoman that much (if that is her), it looks better than Batman Returns' Catwoman though (I prefer the 60's one, that's just me, one because her costume was better and two CW just comes off as a crazy ass lady in BR), I think that if that is her final costume we'll be judging on if she has feline qualities in the actual movie (such as the way she fights and stuff).

Having Bane and Catwoman seems a bit of an odd mix, but I think it'll definitely work, it's nice to see a villain that hasn't been done before in the Batman films, at least since the atrocious Batman & Robin (Joker has appeared at least 3 times, Catwoman will be the same as soon as this comes out, The Riddler, Penguin and Two-Face have all appeared twice) so it's a nice change...ish, we'll just have to wait and see if their working solo or as a duo.

EDIT: Major lol at your picture sparrow, I wonder if something like that'll happen in the movie, or at the very least a reference to it in one of the fight scenes like they did in one of the Batman cartoons.

I agree, Bane and Catwoman isn't a mix that makes me go "yes, this fits" though it's probably not going to be a villain team up. I think Bane in Nolan's hands will be pretty unique. Since Knightfall it seems like he's just seen as a hulk type, when he's actually got a lot cloggin' in his noggin'; he's no dumbass, Hardy's got enough talent to make him interesting too. I still would've liked to see Hush though, but I guess it would be hard to use hush in a movie the same as the comics since his entire story was basically a chain of references to old batman stories and villains.

I guess we'll get a lot of camera tricks and whatnot to make Bane seem much bigger than he actually his, since I KNOW Nolan won't CGI him or something

qogqR.jpg

CrpzU.jpg

8xcYM.jpg

(Sorry about the image sizes!)

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pg4xDYJh8Os?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pg4xDYJh8Os?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The Batwing (presumably) I'd have posted a still but there are no clear shots from the front.

It's pretty cool looking IMO, I like that it's not a jet and more a VTOL style hovercraft gunship. A plane would be useless because you wouldn't be able to fly it low enough to use it properly.

Judging from the decor it could well pop out from the Tumbler like the Batpod. That'd be so awesome if it did...

EDIT: I retract that last statement. I forgot how small the tumbler actually was and just saw it in the same shot, where the batwing/ batjet/ bathornet dwarfs it.

EDIT:
bane%20super%20icon.jpg

Close up of Bane's mask. I was right, it has grown on me.

Back