The characters Japan most wants to see spin-off

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Following a poll carried out by Japanese magazine Oricon, the Japanese public would most like to see separate spin-off shows starring the following anime characters:
  • 1. L - Death Note
  • 2. Char Aznable - Mobile Suit Gundam
  • 3. Kaede Rukawa - Slam Dunk
  • 4. Roronoa Zoro - One Piece
  • 5. Fujiko Mine - Lupin The 3rd
  • 6. Krillin - Dragonball
  • 7. Goemon Ishikawa - Lupin The 3rd
  • 8. Masumi Okuyama - Nodame Cantabile
  • 9. Shinichi Okazaki - Nana
  • 10. Usopp - One Piece
It has already been announced that there will be a live-action spin-off movie featuring the genius detective L from the Death Note universe.

Give me my f**king Caval Daikun series now!

(Zeta not withstanding, I want to the real ZZ, Casval versus Haman!)

F**king Tomino ditching it for Casval's Counter Attack.

Dammit.

</rant>

the baka rangers from negima or what about kon from bleach?
or Tsuruya, Taniguchi and Kunikida from the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya?

I would love to see like one off specials/spinoffs with characters like Zaraki Kenpachi from bleach or Lee's squad from Naruto (Lee is the fighting king especially when drunk)

McIcy said:
Is it wrong that I have no idea who any of those characters are?
In the case of the Lupin characters, and possibly Zoro from One Piece, it's unbelievable that you don't. But apart from that - it's probably much worse to be enough of an otaku to be familiar with all of them, as I am. :wink:

If you don't know who Krillin is, you can't even be considered an anime fan, that started the road of anime for the majority of people.

Lupus Inu said:
If you don't know who Krillin is, you can't even be considered an anime fan, that started the road of anime for the majority of people.
I ain't an anime fan then because I had to google it before I knew what it was. I usually refer to him as the bald chuff.

Lupus Inu said:
Dragonball was available here way after the time that I started watching anime (or I never saw anything of it way back then) and I could never stand it in any incarnation. Hardly the anime that started most people off in my opinion. Akira, Bubblegum Crisis and Fist of the North Star were some of the anime that I remember most from my early days.

Lupus Inu said:
If you don't know who Krillin is, you can't even be considered an anime fan.

Wait, so just because someone hasn't watched Dragonball Z (which I know a lot of people don't like), they can't be considered an anime fan? Sounds like a fanboy statement to me. I happen to know Krillin is a DBZ character, but I couldn't tell you what he looked like or anything. And I can tell you, I'm quite an anime fan.

I'd say that maybe 50% of western otaku had their first experience of animé the late-90's-boom. But only 25 or 30% at the most had DBZ as their initiation series - for the rest (me included) it was Sailor Moon. The exact percentages will all be greatly affected by the age and gender composition of any one forum.

But :idea:! - I almost made a mistake a myself. How could I forget about Tanoshii Moomin Ikka? That wasn't of completely Japanese origin, but it was my first animé and probably what first got me interested in Japan as a whole.

Keisuke Takahashi from Initial D, I would love to see him as a younger racer, as in Stage 4 we find out he ran with some large gangs and is a street fighter as well as a racer.

Also I would love to see an Initial D special featuring Bunta Fujiwara, Takumi's Father, he is a mental racer and whether the series was him as a young man or hopefully him as he is now with the Imprezza or the AE86 I would get shovers down my spine watching his races as he's more psycho/nuts behind the wheel than his son.

Man, my brother will literally squirm with joy at the possibility of L the Anime. =D

And as much as I love Usopp, I can't see him working as a series. Sogeking though... I mean, WHO IS HE!? XD;

Back