The "all in 1" anime on TV News thread

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
save us having a Anime Network and and a Anime Central Thread may as well just post it all in here

News from the expo (taken from animeondvd)

* Anime Central Man talked about the new series starting in November (or starting next week for Bleach), saying that in addition to Transformers and Fullmetal Alchemist which are still ongoing, the channel will air:
> Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd Gig
> Wolf's Rain
> .hack//SIGN
> Bleach (episode 21 onwards)
once the current reruns finish.
* They also confirmed, that with the three new series above, they will be starting a 3am-6am Sub Block, where they repeat the episodes of the day, but subtitled with Japanese audio.
* The ratings for both Anime Central and Anime Network have been much better than expected, leading to Anime Network being extended.
* Virgin Media does know about the existance of both Anime Central, and The Anime Network, and the panel believes it is now only a matter of time before they appear on Cable.
* The issue of Sign-Subs was raised. Hugh David mentioned that the UK Anime Network uses the tapes from the US Anime Network, which doesn't use Sign-Subs. Had he had the time and money to go back and make their own TV tapes for TAN-UK, he would have chosen sign-subs. Anime Central didn't comment.

I'd make that 2-1 to anime Central with the sub block and the new shows, but good to see Virgin are on the Verge(in) Sorry bad joke) of launching AC and AN too

have to say, the future is looking bright

Nice. I was wondering when the series they announced to start with were going to appear :p And.. anime.. being shown.. in Japanese on UK TV... That’s just awesome!
Guess they know what they're fans want :p Pity its so late at night but meh its better than not at all. Now I just have to upgrade from Freeview.

Wah... all of them I've seen... Maybe not Bleach in english.
This is the problem of trying to be up-to-date with everything on DVD. XD

Wolf's Rain and .Hack// for me, Wolf's Rain being the more appealing to me at the moment (Not that I know the slightest about either)

Its great to finally get subtitled shows now, Even though I probably won't watch [much] of them.

Looks like AC & AN succeed far more than they predicted...

2nd gig I be watching, but... .hack I won't, since I already ordered the first half of the DVD =D... So which means I have to wait 13 days later to watch the rest of them.

I wish they start showing Cowboy Bebop, I really want to see it so badly and judge whats so great about it.

BTW, this should be a sticky topic. So we should discuss about the TV anime rumors and such

Lelouch said:
Sy said:
Jayme said:
Chrono Demon said:
I wish they start showing Cowboy Bebop, I really want to see it so badly and judge whats so great about it.

Seconded. I still haven't got the DVDs.
I'm holding out on getting the DVD's for some sort of 10th Anniversary set.

Are theese coming to U.K?
Not really sure if there's even going to be one though. Giving it's continued popularity I think it's highly likely there will be some sort of boxset.

Sy said:
Lelouch said:
Sy said:
Jayme said:
Chrono Demon said:

Seconded. I still haven't got the DVDs.
I'm holding out on getting the DVD's for some sort of 10th Anniversary set.

Are theese coming to U.K?
Not really sure if there's even going to be one though. Giving it's continued popularity I think it's highly likely there will be some sort of boxset.

*crosses fingers*

hopefully then i'll give it a good watch.

wow good news :D I've been ohhing and ahhing about .hack for a while now so i'll watch a couple of eps before i decide if i should buy or not. Wolf Rains has been on my watch list as well. 2nd gig i already have on DVD so no loss there. We all knew that a subbed block would be coming, its time is no surprise to me really. Still can't wait to see what other shows they might pick up

Damn...Wolf's Rain being announced to show on TV not too long after I buy the boxset...To think I could of bought the Elfen Lied boxset I wanted if I were patient =|.

AC's new schedule from the 4th of November

9pm Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig - Episode 001
9.30pm .hack//SIGN - Episode 001
10pm Fullmetal Alchemist - Episode 050
10:30pm Wolf's Rain - Episode 001
11pm Bleach - Episode 033
11:30pm Transformers Super-God Masterforce - Episode 018
12:00 Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig - Episode 001
12:30am .hack//SIGN - Episode 001
01:00am Fullmetal Alchemist - Episode 050
01:30am Wolf's Rain - Episode 001
02:00am Bleach - Episode 033
02:30am Transformers Super-God Masterforce - Episode 018
03:00am Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig - Episode 001 (SUBTITLED)
03:30am .hack//SIGN - Episode 001 (SUBTITLED)
04:00am Fullmetal Alchemist - Episode 050
04:30am Wolf's Rain - Episode 001
05:00am Bleach - Episode 033
05:30am Transformers Super-God Masterforce - Episode 018
06:00am Close

Why isn't Wolf's Rain being shown subbed? i can understand the other's not being subbed in that block due to the fact that they are ongoing and in the middle of being shown but Wolf's Rain is the only new show going with out the subbed treatment

Back