The 2007 Anime Character Budokai Betting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
The Betting Thread

No such luck as winning money from this, but a side event for this year is the betting thread. Once the last 16 have been chosen, you will have the chance to choose who you think will win the contest. You get one choice for each sex and 2 lucky winners (1 from the boys battle and 1 from the females) will win their very own custom rank Gracefully donated by Kami-san Paul

Note: this will remain locked this the Wildcard battle is over

Ok the betting thread is now open remember you can only choose 1 guy and 1 girl. and once the first round is over you can't change your vote

The girls list is as follows

Excel (Excel Saga)
Hitomi (Escaflowne)
Kino (Kino's Journey)
Motoko (Ghost In The Shell : Stand Alone Complex)
Osaka (Azumanga Daioh)
Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Seras (Hellsing)
Tohru (Fruits Basket)
Usagi (Sailor Moon)
Yomiko (Read Or Die)
Nami (One Piece)
Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic)
Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)
Revi (Black Lagoon)
Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
Haruhi Suzmiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suumiya)

and the males

Ayato (RahXephon)
Char (Mobile Suit Gundam)
Goku (Dragonball)
Ichigo (Bleach)
Naruto (Naruto)
Shinji (Evangelion)
Sousuke (Full Metal Panic)
Spike (Cowboy Bebop)
Tetsuo (Akira)
Vash (Trigun)
Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo)
Luffy (One Piece)
Gutts (Berserk)
Nicolas Wolfwood (Trigun)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Nabeshin (Excel Saga)

Haruhi Suzmiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suumiya)
Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo)

They are my choices, Haruhi is one crazy mofo but can dance. Tenchi is just a stud and hold the most power in the universe, unlike those other pansies.

PIKACHU I CHOOSE YOU..... ? Eh...? What... ? What do you mean wrong type of choice...? Eh...? Oh...! Ahhh... :oops:

*chough* Ahem, yes well...

Kaname Chidori - [ Full Metal Panic ] *Sassen-Rassen-Fassen* Should have been Ryo-ohki! *Mutter-Mutter*

Tenchi Misaki - [ Tenchi Muyo ]

I figure it'll pretty much be the same as the last time: -

Spike Spiegel (damn you Cowboy Bebop fans! :p )
Yomiko Readman (because beating up bad guys with paper is cool)

Can't beat the classics! :D
(Although that won't stop me trying >.> )

kupoartist said:
Spike
Motoko

I'm counting on their not meeting each other in the Semis this time :p

Heh, Motoko's lost my vote this time round after GitSSAC 1st Gig: - She killed the Tachikomas!
Plus I only voted for her last time because I hadn't seen Kino's Journey ^^;

EDIT: - after seeing their performances in the first 2 rounds I'm beginning to think Kupoartist has got this one... I never realised Motoko was so popular ^^;

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by the performances so far, I'd have agree with others to say Spike is probably favourite to retain his championship! I hope it's not going to be that predictable though!

And it's going to take a lot to stop Motoko too... I think that perhaps Nausicaa is the only one capable of toppling her, though I suspect the Miyazaki haters will ruin her chances.

Just to be different I'm going to gamble on:

Guts and Nausicaa.

i still think Haruhi might win it, but that's cause i have a plan that will be revealed tomorrow (don't worry, it's not a crooked judge thing XD)

Paul said:
I think that perhaps Nausicaa is the only one capable of toppling her, though I suspect the Miyazaki haters will ruin her chances.
I'd like to see Nausicaa win, but I think it's very unlikely. Either Kino's Journey has suddenly become very popular, or Nausicaa just struggled through a fight against a character that few people know much about. Nausicaa herself isn't a well exposed character. Virtually no-one has read the Manga, and opinion on the movie seems to be pretty split. I don't think it boils down to 'Miyazaki hate', just simple lack of a connection to a character who most people know from an aged 2 hour film.

In a perfect world (or rather should I say, 'In Japan', since the characters are pretty much immortal there), the result would probably be Char / Nausicaa. Always one of the more interesting things to note about Anime fandom in the UK versus Japan. Gundam and early Ghibli are properties that everyone has watched, Char and Nausicaa are characters frequently alluded to in every copy-cat work and cultural reference going. Here, Char is a fringe character which you can only see in a choppy, aged movie trilogy and its oh so compressed and out of context sequel, super-ceeded by the horrible, horrible Gundam Wing*, which homages Char at every step. Nausicaa is just a one shot character in a movie widely eclipsed in favour by more recent works by the same director.

* Though I have theorised that it will make killer Drinking Game material. It only needs one rule to get you smashed: "Drink Once everytime you sense the latent homoeroticism in a scene".
Ryo Chan said:
i still think Haruhi might win it, but that's cause i have a plan that will be revealed tomorrow (don't worry, it's not a crooked judge thing XD)
Ah... but will the plan be enough to counterattack the contrary votes of everyone who is sick to death of hearing about her? :p

kupoartist said:
Ah... but will the plan be enough to counterattack the contrary votes of everyone who is sick to death of hearing about her? :p

depends on how bandly u want to see me in a short skirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back