Tales from Earthsea to get Cinema release

Noratav

Student Council President
Goro Moyazaki's Tales from Earthsea appeared on the BBFC website yesterday, with a note that it's expected to open on 3rd August. Optimum's website confrims this. The interesting thing is that contrary to some people's expectations, Optimum will be releasing both a dubbed version (staring Timothy Dalton) and a subbed version.

Ah excellent! I can't wait to watch a subtitled anime on the big screen : O!
I think I shall get into the habit of seeing Ghibli movies in the cinema when they come out, I watched How's Moving Castle somewhere and it's so different to the tv : O!

Anime? Big Screen? I'm there; To whether i will watch the sub or the dub version, i am guessing; more cinema's are having the dub, so i might have to go to that. But if its alternate showings, im am watching the sub, i don't care if i am by myself. :D

OMG, I didn't know that was expected. But since Howling Moving castle was shown in Cinema, Its got to be accepted.

And finally, the BBFC is not such a total ********

This is terrible news. By 'Cinema run' they no doubt mean 9 cinema’s across England, 1 in Scotland and none elsewhere. And of course it will delay the release of the DVD another 6 months. :?

Dub or sub I doubt it will reach any of the local cinemas near me (Howl's Moving Castle was shown but not Ghost in the Shell: Innocence and Spirited Away had a single performance) unless I go to London.

butch-cassidy said:
This is terrible news. By 'Cinema run' they no doubt mean 9 cinema’s across England, 1 in Scotland and none elsewhere. And of course it will delay the release of the DVD another 6 months. :?
I doesn't always mean that, especially on the arthouse circuit where things are a bit looser. And if that is the case it'll make for a perfect Xmas present! :D

It's being shown in Cineworld cinemas, it was in their magazine. Dubbed and subbed. Good news for Glaswegians (as it's the main cinema there - also the tallest cinema in the world!)

Hmmmm, it isnt dub at my nearest cinema, and I cant find it at any cinema in english for that matter....All cinema websites say it is subbed...

Back