Sword Art Online II TV anime to air in 2014

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
One of 2012's biggest anime series' was without a doubt A-1 Pictures' adaptation of Reki Kawahara's&nbsp;<em>Sword Art Online</em>&nbsp;light novel series, which has also since spawned numerous manga adaptations and video games. The story of players of virtual reality games being trapped in the game, with the threat of death in the game world equalling real death is not a new concept, but the series gained praise for its writing, with critics pointing out its insight on the psychological and sociological aspects of a mass multiplayer online game. The original light novel series managed to top Oricon's charts during the year the anime it was broadcast, with Yen Press planning to release the first novel in English this coming April.

So it's hardly a surprise then, that at the end of the highly anticipated&nbsp;<em>Sword Art Online: Extra Edition</em>&nbsp;special that was simulcast globally today, that an announcement was made for&nbsp;<strong>Sword Art Online II,&nbsp;</strong>which would begin broadcasting in 2014. The official announcement teaser can be seen on the official website.

Manga Entertainment UK are currently releasing the first TV anime series on both DVD and Blu-Ray in the United Kingdom.

From what I hear from people who have read the light novels, the main story arc that the second season will cover is apparently amazing.

I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, the Fairy MMO world arc in the books was as bad as the anime made it out to be, but GORRAMIT I am excited for more anime adaptations of the later light novels.

That series did rush through that book a lot, but even the creepier parts of the series were in the book. Either way, the later books don't have any of that really so I'm excited for this :D

King Jimmeh said:
That series did rush through that book a lot, but even the creepier parts of the series were in the book. Either way, the later books don't have any of that really so I'm excited for this :D
They oust the best part of the book for more of the worst. There's really no excusing that.

Back