Suspected Lulzsec hacker arrested. :D

Remember reading somewhere that all he did was run the IRC they used sometimes, so its pretty easy for them to find him compared to the others...

Taylor said:
Remember reading somewhere that all he did was run the IRC they used sometimes, so its pretty easy for them to find him compared to the others...

haha, See this is why i find hackers funny. The lower ones are used and abused, the higher ones take all the credit. Its genius really.

Still, to hack a company it makes more sense to send out a batchfile of sorts and "attain" about 1000 zombie pc's, fire off the DDOS attacks consistently or just pingbomb em. Rookies will probably fire spam at a server until eventually the server gives out "cough" certain information that is then cracked to gain access to the server. Only trouble with all this hacking and DOS attacks is, you leave yourself wide open to trackers if your IP is tracked back to you (fairly easy to do) hence why lower hackers are used as the "inbetweener".

If i remember correctly, one side of the fragmented Anonymous claimed to have "all the firepower" However this side was formed due to NOT agreeing with the others to go through with OPSONY. So likelyhood of them being LULSEC is debatable but considering they do have the "firepower" of Anonymous i'd say they've been making a zombie pc army together and easily have the power to have pulled off an attack.

I wonder.... Ryo the twitter account that Lulsec uses.... does it have a display picture? If so the bitdata/microdata from that, providing a member of lulsec uploaded it themselves from their personal pc, the IP can be traced and their address can be found.

Tachi said:
I wonder.... Ryo the twitter account that Lulsec uses.... does it have a display picture? If so the bitdata/microdata from that, providing a member of lulsec uploaded it themselves from their personal pc, the IP can be traced and their address can be found.

nope, i only created twitter account to troll manga at first ;)

"The method he is alleged to have used is a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack against all three websites. He was also charged with constructing a botnet, a network of infected computers that can be used remotely to direct attacks."

What did i say? That they'd do the basic tactic of creating a zombie computer army to fire off DDOS attacks.

"The events leading to the arrest of Cleary involved an investigation by British police and the US Federal Bureau of Investigation. The FBI's involvement, plus the nature of the targets, raised the prospect that Washington may seek the teenager's extradition to the US"

Ha, i'd love to say "i didn't see that coming" but it was obvious from the start that the moment the FBI got involved that they would want the hackers extradited to the US no matter what country they are from :p

Mugs, thats what you get really. If you want to play with fire then you'll get burnt, and there's a reason that people don't attack major companies direct like this, they construct worms and trojans and hope nobody decrypts it enough to trace them lol. bloody idiots haha

LulzSec site taken down by lone-wolf hacker

See, as i said before... for every bad hacker out there, there are other who go out to take them down. Taking down a website serves little purpose though. Creating an army of zombies and DDOS'ing the website is the basics, to infiltrate the server and wreck havoc inside is the way to go. Seems this fella is ex forces and has got a good heart....

Hmmm...

Rest in Peace? More like rot in a ditch or something. :lol:

Anyway, if you missed tonight's events. Lulzsec suddenly announced on twitter that they had hacked the sun's site, and redirected it to a fake page announcing Rupert Murdoch had died.

Later, this was changed to redirect to the Lulzsec twitter page. Eventually, TheSun.co.uk had closed and they announced the theme of the hacking as a track from the Gurren Lagann OST. With the tagline 'breaking the unbreakable since 2011'.

Lulz they promised. Lulz were delivered.

Back