Supernatural The Anime - any thoughts on it?

SebGray

Hikikomori
Hi guys. I've just seen a post on the Manga facebook about the anime series of Supernatural. Just wondering if anyone's got any thoughts on it? I read a review on Amazon which says it's great for new fans as well as established fans. I'm interested in it as I really like Madhouse, but wondered if anyone here had any opinions on it?

I personally haven't seen it, but a friend of mine (who is a huge Supernatural fan) has said that it's pretty terrible.

I've heard the series squeezes 2 seasons of the live action show into 26 episodes. I've seen clips and in this case I think it would have been better if it had been a looser adaptation. Bringing back the actors from the live action show as VA's sounds good on paper, but to me this shows that making the transition from actor to VA is a steep one. It probably would have been better with experienced VA's that sounded like them.

Not a fan of the realistic animation style either.

animefreak17 said:
iv seen supernatural live series and the only reason women watch it because of the 2 men who stars in the show
Not true. In fact, the character with the most fangirls is Castiel
castiel.jpg

Who isn't even in the anime as he doesn't appear in the story until season 4 9.9. There's also a running joke that whoever sleeps with Sam will die, so no.

Seriously though...maybe women watch the show because they like it for something more than the guys in it? Like the strong bond between the two brothers, the lengths they will go to for family, the gripping story (at least until season 5. Season 6 is painful to watch at the moment >>).

SnowWolf said:
I've heard the series squeezes 2 seasons of the live action show into 26 episodes. I've seen clips and in this case I think it would have been better if it had been a looser adaptation. Bringing back the actors from the live action show as VA's sounds good on paper, but to me this shows that making the transition from actor to VA is a steep one. It probably would have been better with experienced VA's that sounded like them.

Only one of the actors returned for the anime, which was Jared (Sam). Jensen (Dean) only voiced the character in the last 2 episodes.

But yeah, I'm not a fan on the animation style...or an awful lot of Madhouse's animation styles, to be honest.

SnowWolf said:

Interesting, I felt Ackles did a pretty good job as Red Hood in "Batman: Under the Red Hood."

Back