Superman & Batman film set for 2015

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg

2015 is looking like a really busy year for films. Numerous sources are saying that Warner Bros. and DC Comics will be announcing a sequel to "Man of Steel", set for release in 2015. The movie will be inspired by "The Dark Knight Returns".

Source

Honestly, I don't think the two characters really go well together sharing the spotlight. Hopefully the director will prove me wrong, but I don't think Batman quite works when he is beside someone who wouldn't lose a fight to anyone less than Goku. How do you get a villain who balances versus both of them? Batman fights villains with powers or weapons that very often put him at a disadvantage, and that makes his eventual victory that much better, that much more earnt. Superman either goes meat, or he plays a similar game to Batman by being all investigative. I just don't think the character synergy will be there.

I'm sure the movie will be.....alright, though. Batman's presence alone would make it better than Man of Steel.

Batman VS Superman does nothing for me, unless it were actually The Dark Knight Returns in which case just bloody well make The Dark Knight Returns!

If they're going to be on screen together it should be a team up, it should be called Batman and Superman: World's Finest. And be about these two awesome super guys having difficulty getting along due to their differences but ultimately coming together, begrudgingly on Bat's part since he's such a tsundere, to face a greater threat. Selling the film as a fight between the two holds no interest to me. And honestly, this is coming way too soon. Supes should be getting another solo movie first, but the fact is that Man Of Steel underperformed and Warner Bros have decided that to ensure the next one makes Batman money they need to have Batman in it. The confirmation of this though, means we will be seeing the new Batman fairly soon and brings about the question of who will play him? I made a bold prediction some months ago that the next Batman movie would not only feature this man as Director but also as star:

ben-affleck-drops-out-of-focus-with-kristen-stewart-22.jpg

Ben Affleck.

That's my choice, the other guy that I think the Studio would go for is Bradley Cooper, and despite the fact I've warmed to him I'd still be unsure on. They may go for someone younger, but at this stage I'd be at a loss as for who that may be.

You must be psychic 20thCenturyBoy!

Ben Affleck is Batman.

I should be asleep, but I saw this as I was going to bed and had to post! He's a damn good director, I wish he was directing this over Zack Snyder. Man of Steel was one of the most disappointing films I've seen in a cinema for quite some time. Still, it's a very interesting choice. For the record, I didn't think Daredevil was too bad!

Ath said:
You must be psychic 20thCenturyBoy!

Ben Affleck is Batman.

I should be asleep, but I saw this as I was going to bed and had to post! He's a damn good director, I wish he was directing this over Zack Snyder. Man of Steel was one of the most disappointing films I've seen in a cinema for quite some time. Still, it's a very interesting choice. For the record, I didn't think Daredevil was too bad!

20thCenturyBoy reviewing Argo way back on 7/11/12 said:
I'd love to see Affleck continue to work in the fields he has, doing more serious stuff like this. He will undoubtedly be offered a tentpole franchise by some point by a Studio (already turned down Justice League by reports some time back). I think he'd be great at anything, but a part of me kind of wants him to stay away from it. In saying that, I am going to make a bold prediction right here and now: Ben Affleck will be the Director, and Star, of the next Batman film.

Not psychic just really, really good at predicting what Hollywood will do. How I've not got a job as a Hollywood Reporter yet I don't know. Whilst I'm pleased with this announcement, I'm also really annoyed since I didn't get a bet on it. We (Paddy Power) were offering betting last week (but of course as an employee I'm not allowed to bet with the company) and Affleck was strangely in the betting for next Superman, but not to be next Batman, which would've meant you'd get a price of at least 100/1. If I'm still working there come February I'm totally asking the blog team if I can do a "Nick's Oscar Picks" feature for them.

To be honest, Ben Affleck does look very much like a Bruce Wayne. I hear that his contract is a multi-picture deal that may also see him directing future films.

This film will now have Wonder Woman.

gal-godot-2.jpg

Variety said:
Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman in the untitled “Batman vs. Superman” movie.

Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck are set to star with Zack Snyder directing.

“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character,” Snyder said.

Variety first reported that Gadot, “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” thesp Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko had tested for the part that was believed to be Wonder Woman.

The Wonder Woman rumor has been kicking around for some time, and insiders believe the plan is to have not just Batman and Superman in the film but several members of the Justice League as well. It’s unclear which members, but Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) and the Flash are said to be locks to make an appearance in some fashion, whether that’s a significant role or a cameo.

This is turning into Justice League in all but name. Clearly Warner Bros know exactly what they're doing and they're totally not trying to desperately chase that Avengers box office as quickly as possible.

I never had much hope for this film after Man of Steel turned out so disappointing anyway, but if nothing else it's going to be fun to see if this actually works :p

So it turns out that we've finally got our Lex Luthor...and a new Alfred!

These casting choices have totally come out the blue, wouldn't have predicted either, especially a new Alfred seeing as how Caine has said he'd happily continue doing it and he was bloody awesome doing it since he's Michael Caine. Jeremy Irons could totally ham it up and go quite a different route from Caine...actually I'm gonna call it now that Alfred's main role will be to give a number of dry, sarcastic witty one liners (and maybe be involved in a bit more of the action since he's younger now).

Jesse Eisenberg can totally play a rich, intelligent ********, but I can't imagine him seeming terribly threatening. I'll give him a chance though, I guess they're re-inventing Luthor as a young, hip, genius akin to Mark Zuckerberg and others of our current generation. I reckon they'll have it that Eisenberg's Luthor sees Supes or Bats as a chance at marketing/business and wants to have a meeting with one of them and turn them into a franchise.

I'm still not convinced on Wonder Womans outfit. I don't mind it, but there is something that just doesn't sit right with me, and i honestly wish i knew what it was. Otherwise, i'm ok with the casting so far. While i agree with Ath, Ben Affleck would probably be better suited to direct, i think he could do ok as Batman. Maybe i've missed it, but who's superman? same actor as Man of Steel?

Arbalest said:
I'm still not convinced on Wonder Womans outfit. I don't mind it, but there is something that just doesn't sit right with me, and i honestly wish i knew what it was. Otherwise, i'm ok with the casting so far. While i agree with Ath, Ben Affleck would probably be better suited to direct, i think he could do ok as Batman. Maybe i've missed it, but who's superman? same actor as Man of Steel?
Wikipedia says that it is the same superman actor,
Cavill would gain further prominence and international fame playing the titular superhero Superman in the 2013 reboot film Man of Steel, which became a commercial success and the highest-grossing Superman film of all time, a role that he will be reprising in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League
I would think DC are trying to do for the Justice League what Marvel have done with the Avengers by getting the same actors to reprise their roles over both their own film series as well as some group films.

McIcy said:
I have no problem with Affleck as batman, however I am not liking the wonderwoman casting
Same here. Gadot may well be a capable actor (I don't know, having never seen anything she has been in) but her looks and build are simply not right for the role. Same goes for Eisenberg. This is starting to look all sorts of wrong.

Can't wait to see Aquaman! With him getting an animated movie next year too, great time for being an Aquaman fan. Hopefully he'll lose the "Aquaman is lame" the public seem to adopt thanks to crap like "big bang theory" eurgh!

Back