Superman 64 (oh dear)

Churchy99

Adventurer
Right I am making this thread because I now well and truly believe that this is the worst game ever made - I played it recently and oh dear it is just beyond belief how bad this game is. The main reason I bring this up is for two reasons.

1) This game is so bad that it is good because it is so stupidly funny
2) I have come across a copy on ebay and I am thinking of getting it because it is so obscure rare but bloody funny at the same time.

But I'd also like to tell others about it too for those who have no idea of this games existence.

I'll give you the description of the game from Wiki as it describes it the best

Description:
Lex Luthor has created a virtual version of Metropolis and has succeeded in trapping Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Professor Emil Hamilton within it. Superman must enter the virtual world to fly through countless hoops, save his friends, and stop Lex Luthor. Other villains Superman must contend with include Parasite and Brainiac.

Gameplay:
In most levels, Superman is forced to fly through a series of rings within a time limit (unless the player plays easy mode; the rings disappear but the timer stays). The "virtual Metropolis" is filled with what the developers called "Kryptonite fog" (which was actually the draw distance), supposedly to slow him down. Superman has several other powers, but they are rarely used.

To see for yourself, just watch this review and I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this game, whether you have played it or not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur25KP061PE

oh and the message you'll see most in this game is not "game over" or "you died" but "LEX WINS"

Its amazing how often fog was used to hid drawning distance (Silent Hill, Spiderman to name a few) I don't think this was the worst game in exsitence...I think that dubious honor still goes to E.T the game :p

BlackWolf said:
Its amazing how often fog was used to hid drawning distance (Silent Hill, Spiderman to name a few) I don't think this was the worst game in exsitence...I think that dubious honor still goes to E.T the game :p

Out of the ones I have played, this is the worst but I would like to play E.T just to see how bad it is! Where the landfill rumours actually true about that game?

oh there might be one that is just as bad as ET and that is Big Rigs look on wiki and you'll see what I mean

Churchy99 said:
Out of the ones I have played, this is the worst but I would like to play E.T just to see how bad it is! Where the landfill rumours actually true about that game?quote]

I've played it and it is horrendous but i feel bad for the sole designer who created it, since he was only given a week to do it. As for the landfill rumours, in an interview with Edge magazine given last year the aforementioend designer said that there were likely bogus since Atrai could of just as easily recycled the games so they could be resold as other things

BlackWolf said:
I've played it and it is horrendous but i feel bad for the sole designer who created it, since he was only given a week to do it. As for the landfill rumours, in an interview with Edge magazine given last year the aforementioend designer said that there were likely bogus since Atrai could of just as easily recycled the games so they could be resold as other things

No way! he was given a week to make it? that certainly explains a lot!

Churchy99 said:
BlackWolf said:

No way! he was given a week to make it? that certainly explains a lot!

Yep :) Apparently Atari wanted the game out in time for the films release so they could cash in

Back