Summer meet, one night or two?

• One night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two nights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mutsumi

Guild Member
Exactly what it says on the tin. Next Expo is a long way away, so shall we have another meetup before then? I think so. :D

Chances are the meet will be in London, though I would like to arrange & attend one further north too, as I don't want any of you further up the map to be left out of the meet scene.

So, suggest locations you would be able to attend, & why you think they would make a good meet location. Details will be finalised in another thread by popularity, so feel free to discuss any & all ideas for summer meets.

Locations I suggest are:
London (No explaining needed)

Cambridge - Lovely city a little north of London, has a nice hotel right next to the station. Shops include Forbidden Planet (small), & many of the usual. The scenery is particularly nice, with lots of nice places to hang out & enjoy the weather. Food & drink wise, there are many of the usual, & I can in particular recommend a chinese restaurant called Charlie Chan's. There is a large mall with a cinema, plus there is an arthouse cinema that has been known to show anime before. I know Cambridge well enough to lead a group.

Birmingham - Its like London but a little smaller, with a lot less walking involved. There is a good bar at the MegaBowl near the station that has accomodated groups of mine for an entire day before during 1-day meets. In particular, there is a very wide variety of oriental restaurants, & shopping wise, Nostalgia Comics & Forbidden Planet have a wide range. There is a wide range of alternative clothing to buy in the Oasis building, & there is an Ann Summers somewhere if anyone wants a dildo. I would have to look into hotels if we choose here though, as I've not stayed over there yet.

Also, if a weekend is a problem for you for a meet, say so here, as it will most likely be a weekend otherwise.

im up for this.

i like it eing in london as its easyer for most ppl to get to and the lots of anime stuff to do in london then in other places.

Ryo Chan said:
Manchester so i can actually get there lol

Yeah, Manchester rocks.

Actually, I would consider anywhere but I would prefer the Midlands or North West. Its a good idea, and certainly I am thinking I would like to go to a meet up.

This just shows you what kind of person Mutsumi is, to be planning all this.

If I'm honest, I'd rather it was in London because it's closer for me, but seeing how the last two meet-ups I've been to have been located in London, it seems a little unfair on the people who can't get down from further up north - I wouldn't be against taking a train up to Manchester or something with the people from London if they were up for it.
Shafutard said:
This just shows you what kind of person Mutsumi is, to be planning all this.
Without Mutsumi we are nothing.

Getting an up north meet would be great to give more people the chance to come along (plus even though it's much easier for me to get to London, I don't like the city much, it'd be nice to see other places!)

Birmingham seems pretty central... And all hail Mutsumi for his superior organisation skills!

Awww, you guys are so sweet. <3

An idea I just had, is we could have a dual meet. If I'm not mistaken, there are some quite reasonably priced trains directly linking the main UK cities & London, that run fairly frequently, correct? Well, say we have a day meet in London, & then those of us there who could make an two night meet up north from the London area could all get a train up together, & meet everyone from above in the evening, & for the following day.

Eg.....London meet on the Friday at 12pm, with those of us going to the northern meet getting a train at 6pm to whichever city the meet is at, say Manchester? We would then be there in time for a little evening activity, & then rest before a full days northern meet on the Saturday. We would then stay Saturday night too, & head home over the Sunday.

This kind of idea would only really work if enough people from the London area could make it up north, otherwise we may as well have two meets. I think we should at least have one London day meet though, as I know Bonnie & Neko will be disappointed otherwise. :( That, & London is easy for enough people that we could do a day meet. If the distance is long, it is better for us to have a hotel, to justify the amount of travel getting there. :)

I prefer somewhere up North because on every forum I go to there are always meet ups down south especially in London. I don't mind going to London again, but I prefer somewhere different.

mutsumi said:
I think we should at least have one London day meet though
Thats a cool idea, so the Northeners and the South have a fair chance of attending at least one meet up. So we could have in in London and the other location can be in the North. Manchester sounds cool for the North, but what do you lot think?

Mutsumi said:
Birmingham - Its like London but a little smaller, with a lot less walking involved. There is a good bar at the MegaBowl near the station that has accomodated groups of mine for an entire day before during 1-day meets. In particular, there is a very wide variety of oriental restaurants, & shopping wise, Nostalgia Comics & Forbidden Planet have a wide range. There is a wide range of alternative clothing to buy in the Oasis building, & there is an Ann Summers somewhere if anyone wants a dildo. I would have to look into hotels if we choose here though, as I've not stayed over there yet.
I live in Birmingham and if you need a hotel, then I know almost every hotel located into the City Centre, so you don't need to look into hotels. I'll just post the infos of all the hotels I know avaliable in Birmingham and you lot can choose which hotel you prefer. Also if you need any help in activities or anything you want to do in Birmingham, then you can PM me and I can help you organise this meet up.

Going up North sounds good. How many people from further up the country would be able to make it to a place like Manchester if we did all get the train from London?

What kind of numbers are we talking about?

if we had a moveing meet like this tho dont you think we would need to maybe have a 3 days meet up? and the second day will mostly be us on the train anyway?

sounds like fun, might be up for it if i've got enough notice to worm out of work. As for where, live on underground so london is good, and as long as it's before my rail card runs out (no longer a young person in the eyes of BR) Birmingham is good to.

ah this sounds like a great idea, just wish i could make it. Would have loved to have gone to both London and Manchester.

Make sure there are pictures everyone!

Back