Submit discussion topics for the Anime Chronicle Podcast

jeremy1985

Kiznaiver
This week will mark the debut of 'The Anime Chronicle' podcast, hosted by myself (Jeremy Graves) and my good friend Hugo Jackson.

On each show, there will be discussion on the latest news from the Anime/Manga world, with a primary focus being the UK Anime industry.

There will also be guest interviews in the coming weeks with various personalities which we'll be giving you the opportunity to submit questions for!

But another aspect of the show which will be present, is some general discussion on whatever Anime/Manga related subjects come up. On this weeks show one topic we'll be touching on is the London Expo from this past weekend, which we attended on Saturday and will be looking back on in some detail. But we'd like to open to the floor to members of this forum to suggest other possible Anime/Manga related topics to discuss on the show.

If you like to submit suggestions for topics to cover, please either respond to this thread, or email them to [email protected]
We'll be reading out the names of the people who suggest topics we use on the show, so if you'd like your forum name read out, please include it in the email.

We're planning to record the show early afternoon tomorrow (Tuesday), so please submit topics by around 12pm.

For more information on the show, please visit http://AnimeChronicle.Podbean.com

Thanks for reading!

Sounds interesting, provided you guys have the voices for it (not saying you don't, but it is a key ingredient).

I would suggest something to do with Blu-ray as a topic, but I can't think of a specific thing to base it around.

ilmaestro said:
Sounds interesting, provided you guys have the voices for it (not saying you don't, but it is a key ingredient).

I would suggest something to do with Blu-ray as a topic, but I can't think of a specific thing to base it around.
Thanks for the topics suggestion. We decided to talk about Anime in general being released on Blu Ray.

Tachi- said:
As this is basically advertising your podcast, has this been ok'd with the admins for it to be posted on the forums?
If this is not allowed to be posted here, I apologise. But I assumed as the subtext of this section says "Feel free to discuss and plug websites and events (like conventions and fanclubs) in this forum", I would have thought this would have been ok.
We're mostly talking about the London Expo anyway, so it's not really about us.

jeremy1985 said:
Tachi- said:
As this is basically advertising your podcast, has this been ok'd with the admins for it to be posted on the forums?
If this is not allowed to be posted here, I apologise. But I assumed as the subtext of this section says "Feel free to discuss and plug websites and events (like conventions and fanclubs) in this forum", I would have thought this would have been ok.
It is ok.

It is advertising, but it is relevant to anime, it's not a spambot trying to sell american mobiles or nike shoes... =)

I'll make sure to take a listen to it later.

Have a suggestion- The state of UK anime Fandom.
How has it grown, good points, bad points, the death of so many anime clubs, the rise of the internet and the expo's. Where is fandom heading?

hopeful_monster said:
Have a suggestion- The state of UK anime Fandom.
How has it grown, good points, bad points, the death of so many anime clubs, the rise of the internet and the expo's. Where is fandom heading?
A very interesting topic indeed. We shall save for that our next show in a fortnight!

And with that being said, I'm happy to announce that Episode 1 of The Anime Chronicle is available to listen/download right now at http://AnimeChronicle.podbean.com

(You can also find us on the iTunes music store. It will not be possible to search for us a for day or two whilst the show is added to the search listings, but click HERE to be taken to our page on the music store!)

Here's what you can expect on this weeks show -

On the debut edition of the Anime Chronicle Podcast, Jeremy Graves and Hugo Jackson look back at the London Expo from this past weekend at the ExCeL Centre, discussing not only their thoughts on how the first day (Saturday) was, but also bring you all up to date on Anime news to come out of the weekend!
There’s also discussion on Anime being released on Blu-Ray, and more!

All feedback is greatly appreciated (especially with it being our first show, we'd like to know what you all think,).
Please either respond to this this thread with your thoughts, or alternatively, you can email us at [email protected]

Listened to a both episodes and have a few comments, questions and answers.
- Expo
Cosplay, have only cosplayed once ( Jet Black from cowboy bebop), but have great fun dressing slightly wierdly and having people telling me who I am.
Day 2 of the expo was a remarky chilled affair, got their later than on the saturday, but got in earlier and got a free goodie bag. Thinking of going on the sunday only next time.
EVA 1.01 or 1.11 or EVA the final rip off.have watched it and ... It is just the first few episode prettified but with less emo ( as they have less time) rather than any seeming change in direction.
Pirating ghibli movies may, from an anime fan's pov, seem odd but if you think of it from about it from any one elses pov ghibli movies will propably one of the only Japanese movies they will have seen or heard of, and there are more non anime fans Downloading that anime fans downloading movies period.

jeremy1985 said:
Tachi- said:

:thumb: Fair enough.
I wasn't having a go....just trying to warn incase people complain.

I'll give it a listen to when i've got some free time :)

hopeful_monster said:
EVA 1.01 or 1.11 or EVA the final rip off.have watched it and ... It is just the first few episode prettified but with less emo ( as they have less time) rather than any seeming change in direction.
Don't think of it as a separate movie to the other three, once you have also seen even just 2.0 you will see that there are vast differences in characterization and where the emphasis of the plot goes, and then obviously the last two movies will take it in a different direction in terms of narrative.

Hey everyone.
Sorry for the delay updating/responding to this thread. (Had tons of work over the past few weeks.)

First of all thank you to everyone who has listened to our shows thus far.

We're hoping to record to episode 3 later this week (possible this coming Friday) if all goes well.
We'll be covering a variety of news and discussion topics including the one submitted by hopeful_monster a good few weeks back, and possibly others that people would like to submit as well.

If you like to submit possible discussion topics, please either post them in this thread or email them to [email protected] (or, we're also on twitter @AnimeChronicle if you'd like to drop us a message there!)

Also thank you to everyone who has sent us feedback on the show. It's much appreciated, and we're hoping to expand the show somewhat by the turn of the new year. So watch this space and if all goes we should have an announcement or two soon!

idk if this has already been covered/suggested: anime on UK television would be cool, you could go into what is on each month and where and also look into whether theyre might be new anime on tv here soon

SundayMorningCall said:
idk if this has already been covered/suggested: anime on UK television would be cool, you could go into what is on each month and where and also look into whether theyre might be new anime on tv here soon
We'll certainly try and cover that topic in one of our upcoming shows!

Quick update regarding episode 3.

As mentioned in my last post, we were planning to record to the next edition of The Anime Chronicle on Friday 4th December, however due to unforseen circumstances we were unable to record the show that day.
However, we’ve now decided in light of the announcement we’ll be making below, we’re now going to be recording episode 3 this coming Friday (11th December)!

———————————-

GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Jerome Mazandarni from Manga UK~!

We’re very happy to announce that Jerome Mazandarni, the Acquisitions & Marketing Manager for Manga Entertainment here in the UK, is coming to the Anime Chronicle Podcast!

We’ll be speaking to Jerome about a variety of topics including Manga Entertainment. But, we’re giving you, the listeners, the opportunity to submit questions to be asked to Jerome!

If you want to submit a question for Jerome, please email them to [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Question for Jerome’, and we’ll do our best to ask as many questions as we can in the allotted time we are given.

NOTE - DEADLINE FOR QUESTIONS IS THURSDAY 10TH DECEMBER AT 10am GMT

All the best to you soon everyone~!

Anime Chronicle Podcast - Episode 3
featuring 30 minute interview with Jerome Mazandarani from Manga UK~!

Available to listen/download right now at http://AnimeChronicle.Podbean.com

After an unexpected delay, Episode 3 of The Anime Chronicle Podcast with Jeremy Graves and Hugo Jackson is now available for your listening pleasure to stream directly from our site (http://AnimeChronicle.Podbean.com) or by downloading directly to your computer!

In Episode 3 there’s… well, a lot actually! We go over some news to hit the Anime/Manga world since Episode 2.
Then we’re proud to bring you our first interview on the show with our special guest, Jerome Mazandarani (the Acquisitions & Marketing Manager) from Manga Entertainment UK discussing a whole variety of topics for just over 30 minutes, including how the year 2009 has been for Manga, what we can expect from Manga in 2010, how is his job affected by downloads and imports, and much more!

Then if that wasn’t enough, we have some great discussion to round off the show focusing on Anime fandom in the UK!

It’s a packed show, and well worth a listen.

-----------------------------

All of our shows can also be downloaded through the iTunes Music store! (Search for Anime Chronicle Podcast)
At the time of writing this, Episode 3 isn't available on iTunes, but should be available on there shortly!

If you want to submit any feedback, please either respond to this thread, or email us at [email protected]

hopeful_monster said:
Pirating ghibli movies may, from an anime fan's pov, seem odd but if you think of it from about it from any one elses pov ghibli movies will propably one of the only Japanese movies they will have seen or heard of, and there are more non anime fans Downloading that anime fans downloading movies period.
Yeah, I can appreciate that- I hadn't considered how much more mainstream Ghibli movies are, and certainly when Jerome was talking about the difference in sales between Ghibli movies and Naruto ones, it was quite an eye-opener to say the least.

(Other host here by the way, at last :p)

SundayMorningCall said:
episode 4 was good, keep up the good work :)

Thank you very much for checking out the show, and I'm happy to read you enjoyed it!

I'll also use this opportunity to mention that episode 5 of The Anime Chronicle Podcast is available to listen/download right now at our website http://AnimeChronicle.Podbean.com

Alternatively, you download the show via the iTunes store! Simply search for 'Anime Chronicle Podcast'.

Here's what you can expect in Episode 5 of the show:
On this edition of the show, Jeremy Graves and (a slightly unwell) Hugo Jackson once again venture into the world of Japanese Anime and Manga, to bring you some news including the original Gundam Series being streamed for free (legally) online, the upcoming UK DVD release of Evangelion ‘You Are (Not) Alone’, and a very unique English speaking Japan tourism guide!

There’s also our first review, in the form of the ‘Naruto Shippuuden 2′ soudntrack, questioned answered from the AnEmail bag, we attempt at introducing for non-anime fan into the world wonderful world we enjoy and as if that wasn’t enough, we reveal what songs we (and some of our listeners,) would include in an Anime themed Guitar Hero/Rock Band video game!

Nearly 90 minutes of audio for you all to enjoy!

Hey everyone,

Just to let you all know (especially those who are attending the London Expo) that our latest show is available to listen/download now from http://animechronicle.podbean.com/

This time around, it's a London Expo preview themed show, with a duration of over 2 hours as we bring you a variety of interviews in preparation for this coming weekend including an interview with voice actors Yuri Lowenthal & Tara Platt!

If you've got some spare time, why not check out the show, and all feedback is welcome :)
Enjoy~!

Back