Studio Ghibli's Joe Hisaishi special concert in Tokyo

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-02/hisaishi-to-mark-25-years-of-ghibli-music-with-concert">Tokyo's Nippon Budokan will be hosting</a> (on August 4 and August 5) a special concert with Studio Ghibli soundtrack composer Joe Hisaishi (including a 200-piece orchestra and 400 chorus singers) to celebrate the 25th anniversary of his musical collaborations with famed anime director Hayao Miyazaki. Having begun working with Miyazaki in 1983 on <em>Nausica&auml; of the Valley of the Wind</em>, Hisaishi has since composed the music for every single one of Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli movies, from <em>My Neighbor Totoro</em> to his latest effort <em>Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea</em> (due out in Japanese theaters in the summer of 2008).

I'd love to see this live, hopefully a DVD will be released or something? Hisaishi's a great composer, but his work on Mononoke is probably my favorite from his many Ghibli albums.

I would also love to see this since sthe music he does in Studio Ghibli films is just incredible my favourites has to be Nauiscaa,Laputa and Princess Mononoke

This would be amazing to see. I love the Ghibli soundtracks and I greatly admire Hisaishi as an overall composer. I even have some of his non-classical music, which, as it so turns out, is rather 70s. :p

Do not tease me so! For I know I cannot go!

(unintentional rhyming)

I'm seeing Video Games Live on June 26 in Glasgow, but this would be so much better.

I want to go to these concerts!!! so...

Hello!

I'm very interested in this concerts. Is possible I could go to Tokyo these dates, and I would want to know them ticket's prizes; and where could I got them (the tickets, of course) from outer Japan.

It is very important for me.

Please, if anybody knows anything about it, contact me in:

[email protected]

Thanks a lot!!!

Tof.

Back