Studio Ghibli UK Thread ~ Laptua + Yamada BD numbers fixed

Re: Studio Ghibli UK Thread ~ Blu-ray Numbering Mishap

Random said:
I also pointed out that for Arrietty it's only the outer sleeve that needs reprinting rather than the entire box so maybe that might change their minds. Then again maybe not.

If you need the email address then it's: [email protected]

Thanks for the update and for also the email address, that should help those who don't have facebook.

Porco Rosso Blu-ray has kept it's official number (3) so they'll probably expect people complaining about the numbering on Laputa vs Porco.

Anyone know where I can still find the collectors edition of Arrietty? Can't seem to find any, hope at least a few pop up on ebay.

LtDiscotek said:
Anyone know where I can still find the collectors edition of Arrietty? Can't seem to find any, hope at least a few pop up on ebay.

Unfortunately because it's Out of Print, I can't find a good location to search for a CE that's available. Zavvi and Play do have standard Double Play versions available.

Totally out of the blue my replacement cover and slipcase for Whisper Of The Heart arrived today :)

Mine arrived as well.

6u02.jpg

Re: Studio Ghibli UK Thread ~ 3 more Blu-rays incoming

Pre-order links for the three titles are now included on the first post, Amazon and other sites are TBA.

This thread has been a massive help to me so far, thank you very much, I have emailed and FB messaged with my interest for replacement slip cases and covers, so hopefully I will hear something back soon. What was the reply time of the message anyone else has sent, just curious.
First post by the way, I'm new to this site!

:D

Edit: They only took 20 mins to reply!

also has anyone found a way to organise them via release date as opposed to studio canal number, really annoying see the cat returns before laputa and totoro :/

Re: Studio Ghibli UK Thread ~ The Wind Rises [ETA Sept 2014]

I've heard people have seen arriety in store, with no slip BUT with a corrected number. Think this is the first time I've ever heard of ghibli blu other then valley of the wind without a slip.

Also, general question, how do people order their ghibli blus ?

windcott said:
I've heard people have seen arriety in store, with no slip BUT with a corrected number. Think this is the first time I've ever heard of ghibli blu other then valley of the wind without a slip.

Also, general question, how do people order their ghibli blus ?

I know the collectors edition of Arriety isn't getting a correct slip but the regular Blu Ray should be, that was at least what I was told. Might be a matter of messaging them again ..

I order mine from Amazon.

NormanicGrav said:
Quite a coincidence that I just happened to have bought Arrietty.

Curious that your Arrietty only comes with the blu-ray when all ghibli blu rays (since Nausicaa) have included a dvd.

Did you happen to see if Howls Moving castle, Pom Poko & Porco Rosso were in HMV's 2 for £25? Need the slip for Howl and haven't seen the other 2 under £15 yet so after those.

DragonBlaze67 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Quite a coincidence that I just happened to have bought Arrietty.

Curious that your Arrietty only comes with the blu-ray when all ghibli blu rays (since Nausicaa) have included a dvd.

Did you happen to see if Howls Moving castle, Pom Poko & Porco Rosso were in HMV's 2 for £25? Need the slip for Howl and haven't seen the other 2 under £15 yet so after those.

The one in Sheffield had Pom Poko and Porco Rosso but I didn't see if they had the offer though. I know The Cat Returns doesn't (I had a look at it myself) and I'm going to presume Princess Mononoke doesn't either, since they just got released on Blu-ray.

Regarding Arrietty, there's numerous versions of the film; Collector's Edition BD/DVD [which is OOP + doesn't have the right no.], Standard DVD [self-explanatory], Standard Blu-ray [has the correct no.] and Standard BD/DVD [?????]. I think sites like UP1, Play and Amazon have the combo version.

very tempted to give up on the numbering as a) its not in order of release and b) studio canal have screwed it up so badly and are taking so long to fix it.

Has anyone heard about the two future released to come from Ghibli?

Can't decide if The Tale of Princess Kaguya will be my cup of tea but I thought that about From Up On Poppy Hill and was SO happily wrong so who knows. ‎When Marnie Was There sounds like something I'd like.

Back