Studio Ghibli or Pixar?

Studio Ghibli or Pixar?

• Studio Ghibli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pixar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pixar, by far.

Ghibli tries too hard to be clever and insightful, but just ends up being pretentious and preachy.

Pixar movies look better, aren't afraid to take the mick out of themselves and are actually FUN to watch.

But obviously, Ghibli will win the poll because too many people think being Japanese automatically equals being superior to everything. =)

I'm half japanese Aaron and I don't think that's equals to being superior to everything, just watch the chinpokomon epsiode of South Park! ;)
(Realy bad) jokes aside, I prefer Ghibli to Pixar. Both are amazing, both are really good, quality-wise both are close to perfection althought they have different styles. BUT, replay value is higher in Ghibli stuff. Specially when you're after your 20's...

Studio Ghibli all the way. There's not many Pixar movies I liked apart from The Incredibles, Finding Nemo and both Toy Story movies.
Aaron said:
Ghibli tries too hard to be clever and insightful, but just ends up being pretentious and preachy.
Huh? Most of their movies are simply good entertainment while maintaining a good level of maturity and the morality is pretty simple to grasp and it's not as if they try to act as if it's deep. "Protect the environment". Hardly a study of sociology, now is it?
Aaron said:
But obviously, Ghibli will win the poll because too many people think being Japanese automatically equals being superior to everything. =)
:roll:

Besides, what's wrong with people preferring the Japanese style of story telling? Does everyone in the west have to prefer things made in the west because they are western?

Aaron said:
Pixar, by far.

Pixar movies look better, aren't afraid to take the mick out of themselves and are actually FUN to watch.

I can say right now that I absolutely categorically disagree with every word of your post.

Back