Studio BONES at London Expo October!

beez_andrew

Great Teacher
As London Expo has let the cat out of the bag now about it - time to let you guys know about what's coming up:

Beez Entertainment is proud to be working with London Expo to be bringing Masahiro Ando (Director of Sword of the Stranger) and Masahiko Minami (Producer of Sword of the Stranger and President of BONES) to their October Expo!

Masahiro Ando:

Born in Hokkaido on the 1st of September 1967. He started out as an animator on feature films such as “Ghost in the Shell” and “Jin-Roh” with Production IG, “Metropolis” with Madhouse and “Cowboy Bebop: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” with BONES.

He has also worked on a number of TV series such as “RahXephon” and “Eureka Seven” with studio BONES as well as having several production roles on the series and film of “Fullmetal Alchemist” including storyboarding and episode director.

“Sword of the Stranger” is his first feature film in the role of director, with his first role as director of a series coming in 2009 with a series called “CANAAN”.

Masahiko Minami

The President of Studio BONES, makers of Sword of the Stranger, Fullmetal Alchemist and other shows and a successful producer having worked on UK hits and upcoming titles such as: Sword of the Stranger, Cowboy Bebop (TV, during his time at Sunrise), Wolf's Rain, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop – Knocking on Heaven’s Door, RahXephon, Fullmetal Alchemist and Ouran High School Host Club.

About Studio BONES:

Studio BONES was created in October 1998 by a team from studio SUNRISE, Masahiko Minami (Producer), Hiroshi Osaka (Director of animation) and Toshihiro Kawamoto (Character designer) who all worked on the TV series “Cowboy Bebop”.

Their first project was a collaborative work with their old studio, producing the feature film “Cowboy Bebop: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” which proved to be a worldwide success.

They followed this with a number of successes like “RahXephon”, “Wolf’s Rain”, “Scrapped Princess”, “Eureka Seven”, “Darker than Black” as well as more recently “Soul Eater”. “Sword of the Stranger” is the first original feature film from the studio.

They will be appearing on both days of London Expo then presenting a special screening of Sword of the Stranger at the Barbican followed by a Q+A afterwards on the Monday evening to promote the DVD launch of Sword of the Stranger.

Signings will be happening at the Beez Entertainment stand during the weekend at Expo, with more information on that to follow.

About Beez Entertainment:
BEEZ Entertainment was established in 2002 as the European audiovisual division of the Japanese Entertainment company, the Namco-Bandai Group.

Beez Entertainment sells audiovisual programs to European television channels and produces and distributes DVD/Blu-rays of films and TV series as well as related products.

Sword of the Stranger is the first feature film distributed in cinémas by Beez Entertainment. This film will also launch in 2009 in the United Kingdom and in Germany.

Among the successful licenses in the distribution catalogue of Beez are “Gurren Lagann”, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex”, the “Mobile Suit Gundam” universe, “Cowboy Bebop”, “Wolf’s Rain” and many more.

----

Definitely something to look forward to at the event, hope to see some of you there!

Barbican what's that?
is it at the expo?
when's sword of the stranger in cinemas?

and are you going to bring out the eureka 7 movie?
meh i'll asume you are

Taking them one question a time:

Barbican is a cinema - it's here: http://www.barbican.org.uk/

Sword of the Stranger will be coming to cinemas in early October with a DVD launch in time for Expo.

Eureka Seven the Movie - not at present but you never know :).

Hope that answers everything!

- Andrew

unellmay said:
Barbican what's that?
is it at the expo?
when's sword of the stranger in cinemas?

and are you going to bring out the eureka 7 movie?
meh i'll asume you are

A promising lineup. Once the other attractions are sorted, October should live up to expectations.

Truth be told, I haven't seen very many of BONES' works though. RahXephon's aesthetic appeals never reached an aural or visual pinnacle for me, and my interest in Kurau: Phantom Memory dwindled.

Wow, really good news. You might lure me back to the bustle of Expo. I'm finally watching my lovely Beez Wolf's Rain set now and loving every second of it.

R

Ice Climber said:
How did you hear this? It's not even on the Expo board.

Still, it would be great to get some one like this at Expo.

It came out VIA the Expo newsletter and so I posted up a Beez press release in a seperate threat confirming it :).

So I can confirm both guests will be coming to London Expo short of something pretty drastic!

Chaos/other admin: Is it possible to merge that thread in or should I repost it :)?

- Andrew,
Posting briefly on a day off he needs to get other work done in -_-...

I sincerely hope Sword of the Stranger won't be Barbican only.

I swore never to see a film at that cinema again. Diabolical seating.

Putting it on at the ICA on the other hand would make me very happy!

Zin5ki said:
A promising lineup. Once the other attractions are sorted, October should live up to expectations.

Truth be told, I haven't seen very many of BONES' works though. RahXephon's aesthetic appeals never reached an aural or visual pinnacle for me, and my interest in Kurau: Phantom Memory dwindled.
Mine only dwindled because ADV stopped releasing the rest of the KPM volumes, and FUNI has gone cold with UK licenses.

As we reported earlier , the director Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, Gundan, Lain, Evangelion) and Masahiko Minami - The President of Studio BONES will attend London expo this october.
Our friend Andrew from Beez, gave us the opportunity to ask them a couple questions by email. If you wanted to ask them anything, drop us a pm or an email and we will try to deliver your question to them (provided they make sense and are relevant, of course).

chaos said:
As we reported earlier , the director Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, Gundan, Lain, Evangelion) and Masahiko Minami - The President of Studio BONES will attend London expo this october.
Our friend Andrew from Beez, gave us the opportunity to ask them a couple questions by email. If you wanted to ask them anything, drop us a pm or an email and we will try to deliver your question to them (provided they make sense and are relevant, of course).

Why not ask the questions right here in this thread, so everyone can debate what the best ones/most worthy of being asked are?

This is an amazing opportunity!

Could you ask Masahiko Minami specifically, what his and his company's view on online distribution of anime is (for his own studio's animations, and for the industry in general), for example why Soul Eater was not simulcasted? The question is probably beyond the scope of just his company, but he should have a personal view on it at least.

melonpan said:
Why not ask the questions right here in this thread, so everyone can debate what the best ones/most worthy of being asked are?
That would do as well.

We need to submit our questions by mid next week, so keep them coming!

Ask Mr. Masahiko Minami; What is his opinion of the UK market, and what would his company do to increase it.

What is his opinion on region blocking of both DVD, and legal internet streaming?

Back