Street fighter II or Street Fighter Alpha

Personally, I think Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie is a good action film, especially if you were a fan of the games. The fight scenes are great and the Manga Ent. soundtrack is funny, since they replaced the Japanese one with a load of 90s grunge bands like Silverchair!

I haven't seen Alpha yet, but if it's anything like SSII, I'll be interested.

Street Fighter II is far and away the better of the two. They both feature simplistic stories and threadbare characters but the excellent fight scenes in SFII are amongst the best anime has to offer. They really do make Alpha look ordinary by comparison.

Fatal Fury 2 is a better alternative to Alpha if you can get your hands on it. I can't recommended the first but the second is a big improvement.

I watched Street Fighter back in the day when anime was a rare thing in the UK!
I wouldn't watch it now, I prefer to watch DBZ for mindless violence :lol:
I prefer II to Alpha but as Capuchin said you can live quite a happy life without seeing them. :lol:

^GACK! Someone admitting to watching Dragoball Z! *shuns*

Sorry. I just can't watch that show. Half a year of grunting, screaming and powering up leading up to the first fight, which then leads on for the next decade.

I can even watch the Original Dragonball. That at least doesn't devolve into people mindlessly screaming at each other all the time, and is actually funny and cute at times. But Dragonball Z...

Urk, no, sorry.

subedii said:
^GACK! Someone admitting to watching Dragoball Z! *shuns*

Sorry. I just can't watch that show. Half a year of grunting, screaming and powering up leading up to the first fight, which then leads on for the next decade.

I can even watch the Original Dragonball. That at least doesn't devolve into people mindlessly screaming at each other all the time, and is actually funny and cute at times. But Dragonball Z...

Urk, no, sorry.

That's what the "mindless" of mindless violence was referring to :lol:

Actually I really watch it because I've got the hots for Piccolo :twisted: :wink:

Besides not all of it is mindless twaddle. I love the uncut subtitled version of the History of Trunks, like a lot of anime, being dubbed and cut/edited for TV ruins it completely :cry:

Fair point, I've never actually seen it dubbed. But honestly, the show doesn't even do it for me on the action quotient either, partly due to aforementioned overpowered charging and screaming. Mainly because I don't like the style of how the action plays out, but I think that might just be me. I'm not really into the whole ginormous-ki-based-energy-blasts thing.

subedii said:
But I'm not really into the whole ginormous-ki-based-energy-blasts thing.

Aah! but think of this way. If like me, there's is someone you hate with abandonment :lol: you picture them at the receiving end of aforementioned kame hame hame ha! and what they'd look like afterwards. You can get a real buzz from that :twisted:

There are occasions in this life where watching a good ole punch up is just what the doctor ordered :D

Miaka-chan said:
subedii said:
But I'm not really into the whole ginormous-ki-based-energy-blasts thing.

Aah! but think of this way. If like me, there's is someone you hate with abandonment :lol: you picture them at the receiving end of aforementioned kame hame hame ha! and what they'd look like afterwards. You can get a real buzz from that :twisted:

Nah. Back when I was a kid I used to play violent games like Syndicate and cast the people who were giving me grief as the hapless civillians. Minigun? Check. Flamethrower? Check. City full of wandering civillians who don't know what's coming? Oh you better believe that's a check!

Ultraviolent videogames have allowed me to become the well adjusted today individual you see before you today. :lol:

This is the problem with people today; they think about hurting people they despise and it's all giant energy blasts, guns, flamethrowers, and giant vats full of acid: no imagination...

I prefer Alpha, though I like both.

I think I prefer Alpha because of the inclusion of Akuma (as mentioned above) and because it adopts the "manga" looks of the alpha game (as opposed to when the charcters were all pixelly in SF2: the game)

basically I prefer the character design. though I miss Bison

i prefere 2 insteade of alpha coz i like the fight scenes and even though the music is 90s its good with the scenes. i havent seen alpha but i want to

so till i see alpha i cant decide really but i like street fighter two as it has a better trailer than alpha in my opinion

Oh I hated Alpha. Animation is definitely better but the storyline lacked I thought. Personally I preferred II because it is just so cool!!! Lol. The storyline isn't that great in it either but I just felt it worked better. I felt Alpha ruined my impression of the SF animes but everyone has different tastes.

I also watched the SF II V anime series. Didn't really impress me. It was ok but nothing special. If you're a fan of SF I suggest you watch the first animated movie at least - you'll love it (shower scene with Chun-Li :D lol).

I've seen one of the Fatal Fury Motion Picture. I thought that was pretty cool too. Perhaps even on par with the SF animated movie. It's something a little different at least.

Back