Street Fighter 4 Question

Stardust Snake

Completely Average High School Student
Hello!

The lady wants to punch me in the face, but I suggested we do it in a video game to avoid questions from the police. Anyway, we really like the look of Street Fighter 4, but I'm a tad confused at the different versions. It seems to be akin to Street Fighter 2 which had no less than 5,000 different versions, but I wanted to know, if Super Street Fighter 4 contains all the content from Street Fighter 4 vanilla?

Any help would be appreciated!

Super Street Fighter 4 has all the characters from Street Fighter 4, plus some more. The story endings are different though.

Ideally, you want Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, as this is the most recent version.

Thanks for the reply!

Ah. I assume there would be everything included in the Arcade version?

Is there any gameplay differences that would make it worth getting the eariler ones as well?

Arcade version is also available as a DLC upgrade to Super, so I presume it therefore that the disc version is the same as Super + Upgrade, and therefore has all that Super has, plus more.

As for gameplay differences, while I am sure there must be some differences down to tweaking the game for competitive balance, I do not know what these changes are because I play casually, and these changes matter more to the competitive scene. :)

I just like to say - thank you for the help once again. We're having a blast! Ieven got SSF2HD and III since I love it so much.

Me and gf (Rena) was wondering if anyone fancied a few online PS3 matches? We're pretty new to SSF4 but getting a lot better!

Stardust Snake said:
Me and gf (Rena) was wondering if anyone fancied a few online PS3 matches? We're pretty new to SSF4 but getting a lot better!

Definitely, I love playing SSF4 ^_^ so I would love to play some online matches as it's fun to play, and I would like more practise.

I can certainly play a few games with you guys in a lobby and talk you through anything you need to know (fighting games are kind of "my thing"). I think my PSN is stray_dog_renji, but it might not need the underscores. I'm not available super often, but some time next week I should be free.

ilmaestro said:
I can certainly play a few games with you guys in a lobby and talk you through anything you need to know (fighting games are kind of "my thing"). I think my PSN is stray_dog_renji, but it might not need the underscores. I'm not available super often, but some time next week I should be free.

Thanks maestro, that's sounds awesome =D

Our PSN is: StardustSnake.

ilmaestro said:
Cool, I will add you guys when I'm next on if you haven't already! I would ask which character you are playing, but... ^^;

We have added you maestro ^_^

lol I guess my avatar makes it obvious to who I love playing as ^^

Hehe. My mains when I was last playing SFIV regularly were Cammy and Makoto, but I have played a bit of Juri before. In the early days of SFIV the only character I played for about my first 1000 games was Viper, she's probably still my favorite SFIV character.

ilmaestro said:
The use of culinary terminology confounds me.

"Maître d', half a dozen scallops to start, followed by Blanka en papillote."
"And what would Monsieur wish to drink?"
"A glass of your house Bison."

Back