Star Trek TNG

butch-cassidy

Straw Hat Pirate
I walked into HMV a couple of weeks ago to find all of the series of The Next Generation on sale and walked out with the first three and I have to say I’m surprised! The series was a lot better than I remembered it being! I never liked it as a child and it took DS9 to get me into Star Trek. I'm picking up the rest ASAP before the price rises again. :D

Anyone else want to share nostalgic thoughts about TNG?

wouldn't say i'm at a trekkie kind of level but i do love most of Star Trek

Could stand the original or Enterprise (sept the theme song) but i loved the rest.

Though in the end apart from the "Best of Both Worlds" story line, none of the Star Trek stories will ever beat the "Dominion Wars" story for me :)

I used to watch TNG when I was a kid. Q was awesome.

I think I remember TNG to be the first American series i've seen that doesn't have a last episode that lets down.

I like start trek but for TNG my fav eps will always be the on ship ones and especially the weird holosuite ones as they seem more fun and less mission oriented

TNG was okay. I watched every episode (mainly because it was semi-interesting and was the only thing on) and it entertained me enough. I got sick of the Data episodes though; they would be about Data learning about humanity through his cat while the rest of the ship battled some mysterious energy eminating from a dumping ground, or whatever (I never paid attention to those parts, just what Data was doing).

All the Star Trek series have had their moments, but they are very geeky shows. Voyager's probably my fav though - I couldn't really number the others.

TNG is the best all round. It had weak episodes but not nearly as many as the other series. The best thing about it was that there wasn't any silly continuing story of ultimate threat that took up half of each series and got confusing if you missed an episode - the worst that could happen to any sci fi series, yet it has happened so often recently.

I never got passed watching a few episodes of any Star Trek series apart from Deep Space 9. I think I pretty much watched the whole series while it was on Sky One a few years ago.

cornixt said:
TNG is the best all round. It had weak episodes but not nearly as many as the other series. The best thing about it was that there wasn't any silly continuing story of ultimate threat that took up half of each series and got confusing if you missed an episode - the worst that could happen to any sci fi series, yet it has happened so often recently.

It’s called an 'arc', and personally I feel that’s what makes a series. Even in anime I can’t stand it when there is a storyline that is disjointed without a unifying storyline.

I have no problem with some storyline, but it seems to be the be-all-and-end-all where there is something which is going to kill everyone all the time. Only early SG1 got the balance right, Atlantis, Enterprise, Voyager all did it badly.

I suppose it makes a change from the "trying to get home" that used to be the story of all sci fi from Sliders to Quantum Leap.

I enjoy Star Trek in small patches (I like most of the films particulary). I remember a decade ago debating with people why Star Wars is better.

Completely pathetic and trivial on retrospect, the two are completely different properties with strengths and weaknesses (though people do have individual preference of course).

I like Patrick Stewart as Picard. Brilliant.

Err, thought I'd share that.

Back