Stand Alone Complex #7 Limited Edition on Play.com

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The previously discussed special edition of the seventh (and final) volume of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG is now exclusively up for pre-order at Play.com (set for UK release on the 14th of November). This special release comes with a tin box to contain the rest of the series (artwork is an embossed image of the Tachikoma robot) and a "Laughing Man" T-shirt (printed on front and back). Images of these limited extras can be found at Play.com.

Now I dunno what to do...

Get the region 1 DVD's with the good subs but ugly cases and the sexy tin.

Get all the region 2 DVD's with the awesome looking cases and the tin(with nifty t-shirt) but bad subs.

Or I could get the box set which could or could not have a crappy case(My Eva movie boxset fell apart) and crappy subs. On the other hand it could turn out to be awesome and great value for money.

ARGH!! WHAT TO DO?!?!!

I had to pre-order one of those. I wonder how many dents it will have after the postal service has had their hands on it?

My NGE Platinum's arrived in a pretty sorry state. I wish Play offered you the option of a cardboard box instead of a Jiffy bag.

Oh well I will see if I can get replacement packaging from ADV at some point in the near future.

I'm going to wait and see, but frankly, odds are that I'll go for the standard boxset instead of the tin. It'll leave me (a lot) more money for other titles.

Of course, I hope the boxst won't be something cheap that'll fall apart. But what would really tip it for me would be if they fixed the subtitle and audio problems. Please please please won't you fix the subtitle and audio problems?

Squeaks said:
I had to pre-order one of those. I wonder how many dents it will have after the postal service has had their hands on it?

My NGE Platinum's arrived in a pretty sorry state. I wish Play offered you the option of a cardboard box instead of a Jiffy bag.

Oh well I will see if I can get replacement packaging from ADV at some point in the near future.

I would imagine this would come in a box as it would be to big fit in a jiffy bag (I think anyway) hopefully that should reduce the chance of too many dents, but its something I am a bit worried about to.

Not sure if I am interested in this, while its great Manga are doing it of course I can't say I'm a fan of the box and I tend to consider T-shirts an extra I am not interested in. But thats just me of course.

subedii said:
Actually, what does the official log contain? Is it just a making off? It seems kind of pricey.

The Official Log #1 is a book with info and stuff about the first 20 eps of 1st GIG and a dvd with more making of stuff on it. I think there are 3 more logs, OL #2 which is the rest of 1st GIG and 2 logs for 2nd GIG. I hope they get released aswell :D

Four of them? Going by play.com it's going to cost £22.99 each so bringing it close to £100 total. Wow, even if I am a collector geek, I think that's a bit too rich for my blood when I'm buying extra's and not a series.

I'm considering selling the 5 volumes I've got so far on marketplace or somewhere like that, and buying the 1st gig box set. I'm not bothered about the T-shirt, but the tin looks pretty good. In the end though I'm guess I'm more interested in saving money.
I mean the last two volumes add up to around the same cost as the box set! I've never understood why they bothered with adding an extra DVD simply for DTS audio. Why they're putting the series on 7 DVDs, while according to play.com the box set will hold the series on 6 DVDs.
I hope that they get the DVDs on the box set right, subtitles and audio fixed.

:?

After thinking about it i'm gonna go for the Region 1 releases. Decent subtitles are more important than cover art after all.

I thought the 1st GIG box set was a tin box (like the 7th volume + tin)?

If its just going to be a cardboard box then im going to have to buy the volumes separately :p

Back