Stand Alone Complex #3 brought forward

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Earlier in February, we reported that the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Vol. 3 UK release had been delayed two months (pushed back until the 16th of May).

Manga UK have now changed this release date again, bring it forward one month to the 25th of April.
<span class=menu>Source: <a href="http://www.anime-ni.co.uk/">aNIme</a></span>

will they just freakin well decide on a release date and stick to it. given the fluid nature of Manga's release schedule I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt, hopefully it will stay brought forward but I'm not gonna set my heart on it.

Yeah, I hope they stick with it too. Two months between vols. 2 & 3 isn't so bad. Better than the 4 months between vols. 1 and 2 anyway!

Now I just hope Manga UK release a few more actually new series over here. Surely Stand Alone Complex isn't the only show they have lined up for the year.

really depends on what anchor bay are going to be willing to shell out cash on. between ADV, MVM & BEEZ we already have a lot of the cream of the crop of titles making there way over here. I think Manga may have an opportunity to fill the gap by releasing classic series rather than the newest shiniest etc...

personally I would love to see the remastered Macross SDF make its way over here, a few of Manga's top quality back catalog - Wings of Honnaemise, Giant Robo and a few others. or perhaps get the Patlabor TV series & the 3rd movie. a few of Pioneers old titles - El Hazard, Green Legend Ran, the Hakkenden, some of the others. Get a bit of a financial base behind them which will also be built on by SAC & SAC 2nd gig when they announce that (which they will). But I think thats just me dreaming and not at all representative of the way Manga will go... :cry:

With all the bog-standard fare they've released with their collection label, I can't understand why they've sat on greats like Roujin-Z and Wings. Even Winds of Amnesia is better than a lot of the stuff they've released to DVD.

I think Manga has had its day, especially with the competition. I'll be interesting to see how they fare against MVM's FMA and Trigun, BEEZ'S Gundam SEED and Cowboy Bebop and ADV's Last Exile this year. When Manga was in its heyday, it was the main distributor of anime in the UK. Nowadays it's probaly the least profitable.

See now I personally never have been or will be a fan of volumes. If I get anime I will always do so when it comes out in a box set as most times i is a lot cheaper.
I hope after all the volumes are out they will release it in a box set for good value for money.
Anime is overpriced, especially these volumes. Sadly when this happens it leads more and more to the rise of bootlegs.

Out of curiosity how many GITS volumes will there be?

Well as I said in the earlier delay thread, I don't mind too much that they've been delaying SAC, as long as the delays mean that the UK release won't be suffering from the sam problems that I've been hearing complaints about on the region 1 release over at animeondvd.com

In any case, I'm surprised that Manga were actually able to get hold of a big hitter like Stand Alone Complex in the first place (especially with ADV rushing into the UK market and pretty much single-handedly reviving it. Manga UK was completely ignoring it until somebody came along and started actually giving the fans actual releases for a change :roll: ), and at least they seem to be trying to give the fans a good release. How many anime series come out with 2 discs per volume after all? Admittedly it's still a bit light on the extras, but it's a fairly good release.

Now if they can proceed to use this to get hold of some other big name titles, it wouldn't actually take too long for Manga to work thir way back up to the top of the UK chain again. And trust me, they will have to work for it. They were complacent and they essentially ignored their UK market for years and now they're suffering for it. Titles like SAC and ROD are a good start, but they need to secure a lot more releases if they've going to have a chance of getting their lead back.

And of course, a little competition is usually a good thing for the fans. :mrgreen:

Some people won't like what I'm going to write, but I'm glad there are delays galore. It gives me a small chance to get God knows how much else in a short space of time.

However, if you've got the income and your on top of your game then delays I can see as minor nightmares. Depends on perspective I suppose.

Though I admit, this constant shifting of release dates is very erratic. :)

on one hand, it can give you time to save up for and collect stuff, but on the other it can get really annoying because you don't know when it's coming out. my guess is that there was a licencing issue or DVD fault, which is easier to sort out by delaying the release.

Back