Squids

Mollfie

Brigade Leader
Thought I'd better introduce myself but everyone else has titles along the lines of "hello" or "hiya" or "Im new" therefore!!! I say squids to you.

I am female, 19 (20 in September), from Essex orginally but I have lived in the Philippines and Scotland, and now live in Bath where I go to Uni and study Creative Writing.

I got into anime when I was little (things like pokemon, hello kitty, hamtaro etc) but got much more into it at secondary school and it's kind of just grew and grew lol

The animes Im currently watching/have watched are Lucky Star, Azumanga, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Wolf's Rain, Loveless, Haibane Renmei, Ouran High School Host Club, Chobits, Samurai Champloo, Cat Soup, Kai Do Maru, Ghost in the Shell, oh and Studio Ghibli of course...that's all I can think of for now. I'm always finding new ones, so I love recommendations ^_^

You can always talk to me or ask me questions, cos I don't bite!

Wow, another member who is older than I am o_O. (No offence!)
Ha, you points for the unique greeting. Well, I've gotta say, that's a good anime list right there (Except Lucky Star O_O), though it's nice to see a fellow Wolf's Rain fan ^^.

Anywho, have fun on the forums, and remember to look both ways before crossing the road ^________^.

"Squid are a large, diverse group of marine cephalopods. Like all cephalopods, squid are distinguished by having a distinct head, bilateral ..."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squids

You have a nice list there, although I never heard of Cat Soup and I've never got into Kai Doh Maru, I don't think I really got the point in that movie.

Anyway, welcome!

PS. I like your stuyle, like eggybob said, you will fit just right in here ;D

Hi Mollfie,
Did you enjoy / are you enjoying Haibane? One of my personal favourites as you can see - if you liked it you might like Kino's Journey. As for other recommendations, just watch everything on my favourites list. :wink:

chaos said:
I've never got into Kai Doh Maru, I don't think I really got the point in that movie.
Agreed. It was one of the earlier animes I bought and I felt like sueing Manga over the "run time: 80 mins" on the back of the case! :(

Liking the avatar. Haruhi on a good day. ;)

Welcome to the group, Mollfie. Sounds like you've been out and about. Good luck at Uni.

Deidara said:
Except Lucky Star O_O

But...but...why??? ;_;
lol I like the references to gaming/anime and the cuteness and that it really doesn't go anywhere lol its just one of those animes that I like to watch the odd episode of every now and then when Im bored, because I've seen the whole thing (I spent a couple of days watching through it all) so now I just dip in and out, same as Azumanga.

Spyro201 said:
Woo!! Haruhi AND Ghost In The Shell Favorite characters from each??

I have no idea O_O I like them all for different reasons really.

ayase said:
Did you enjoy / are you enjoying Haibane?

Im currently enjoying it very much ^_^, I like the pace of it and the style.

chaos said:
I've never got into Kai Doh Maru, I don't think I really got the point in that movie.
Agreed. It was one of the earlier animes I bought and I felt like sueing Manga over the "run time: 80 mins" on the back of the case! :([/quote]

I'm never too sure about where I stand with Kai Doh Maru, I like it but at the same time I dont >.<

Thank you for all the welcomes!

Mollfie said:
Deidara said:
Except Lucky Star O_O

But...but...why??? ;_;
lol I like the references to gaming/anime and the cuteness and that it really doesn't go anywhere lol its just one of those animes that I like to watch the odd episode of every now and then when Im bored, because I've seen the whole thing (I spent a couple of days watching through it all) so now I just dip in and out, same as Azumanga.

Hmm, don't worry, I just have a personal Vendetta against Lucky Star's fanbase. However, watching it everynow and then redeems you ;]. Even if it is a terrible anime. But meh, it's just my opinion, don't let it BURN YOUR EYESS!!!!@!. ^^ .

Deidara said:
Mollfie said:
Deidara said:
Except Lucky Star O_O

But...but...why??? ;_;

Hmm, don't worry, I just have a personal Vendetta against Lucky Star's fanbase. However, watching it everynow and then redeems you ;]. Even if it is a terrible anime. But meh, it's just my opinion, don't let it BURN YOUR EYESS!!!!@!. ^^ .

lol I can understand people not liking it, and the fanbase is annoying at times >.> but then alot of fanbases can be like that. It's just the crazies who are obsessive can be a little...too much. I think the girls are cute and all but there are much cuter and funnier animes out there too.

That and I have never understood the "Azumanga vs Lucky Star" or "Konata vs Haruhi" thing...they are totally different animes, the thing they all have in common is that they are all set in highschools, have girls in them and Azumanga is a slice-of-life anime like Lucky Star. But you can't really compare them.

But then I don't like Naruto, or that fanbase so we are all entitled to our opinions ^_^

Mollfie said:
Deidara said:
Mollfie said:
Deidara said:
Except Lucky Star O_O

But...but...why??? ;_;

lol I can understand people not liking it, and the fanbase is annoying at times >.> but then alot of fanbases can be like that. It's just the crazies who are obsessive can be a little...too much. I think the girls are cute and all but there are much cuter and funnier animes out there too.

That and I have never understood the "Azumanga vs Lucky Star" or "Konata vs Haruhi" thing...they are totally different animes, the thing they all have in common is that they are all set in highschools, have girls in them and Azumanga is a slice-of-life anime like Lucky Star. But you can't really compare them.

But then I don't like Naruto, or that fanbase so we are all entitled to our opinions ^_^

They're probably compared due to the fact that, well, they're both insanely popular. And don't worry, I'm not much of a Naruto fan, especially it's fanbase either. I just like a few choice characters ^^.

hmm Squid...erm..something random, how bout, Pineapples! and welcome to the forums.
Good wee list of series there. Ayase mentioned Haibane, apparently Serial Experiments Lain is done in a similar style so it maybe worth checking out.

The whole Haruhi vs Konata thing, only thing that makes me understand that at all is them sharing the same voice actor, thats it. Azumanga vs Lucky Star doesn't make sense though, sure they're both comedies, but the style of comedy is somewhat different between them.

I can understand not liking the Naruto fanbase, its an annoying one, but the series isn't that bad, its good manga wise at least.

Back