Spriggan

Dan

Stand User
As I tend to have long breaks from Anime I wondered if anyone had ever mentioned releasing this in the UK or other English speaking territories? I recently watched an Anime Ltd video where Andrew answered questions about potentially releasing some classic anime but this wasn’t mentioned and I wasn't sure if he or anyone else had ever been asked about it. I know there is an Italian Blu-ray but it doesn't have the English dub which I would be wanting.

I’ve often found this gets a lot of hate but I really liked it and the animation was really good in it too. It’s due a rewatch so I’d love to have it on Blu-ray.

I don't know if there are any plans for the classic OVA to be rescued at the moment, though Discotek would be the ideal distributor in terms of the anime from that era.

That being said, there is a new adaptation coming soon from David Production (Cells at Work, JoJo) as part of the Netflix Originals line-up.

I don't know if there are any plans for the classic OVA to be rescued at the moment, though Discotek would be the ideal distributor in terms of the anime from that era.

That being said, there is a new adaptation coming soon from David Production (Cells at Work, JoJo) as part of the Netflix Originals line-up.
Yeah that’s what reminded me but it looks 3DCG 😭

yeah I look out for Discotek and I’m hoping the new version leads to a release of the old one. Discotek release older anime which is my thing, so I’m very keen on their continued success 😁

I'd class Spriggan as a good movie to look at, but not such a good one to watch. The action scenes and animation are outstanding, but the plot and characters are paper-thin. It's like a Steven Seagal movie given an Avengers budget.

I'd be all over a Blu-ray release though, since the visuals are it's major selling point, and it's a good pick for when I just want to switch my brain off and watch stuff blow up.

Back