Spore

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
normually i dispise EA games but this could start a whole new revolution of games if it's successful

made by maxis (sim city/the sims) its not a build a family, or RTS or single person game but all those rolled into 1

to tell you all the features would take me 3 pages of writing so instead watch this 35 min video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 98&q=spore

the trailer for it is here but don't watch that first cause u get the impression it's a bit of a kiddy game

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 65&q=spore

Been hearing mutterings about this game for a while. The concept is great, looks infinitely replayable, and is made by Will Wright ( Gaming genisus). For more info and a very good interview see here

this game has been interesting me since i saw the first trailor for it sometime last year i wont be getting it straight away unless its cheap but if its normal price ill see what other people think of it b4 i decide if i want it or not

Personally, I would suffer the Ultimate shame of Buying an EA game for SPore.

I mean, C'mon! you get to craft a species at the molecular level!!

time to res an old thread :D

well, it's 2 weeks till release, and after 2 years of waiting patiently, i am no long going to buy the game, all thanks to EA.

Yep their idea of stopping piracy, is by installing a DRM on the game that.......... "only allows you to install the game 3 times"

Now how stupid is that, so people can no longer uninstall it for other games, reformat their pc's or install onto 2nd pc's in fears of being able to play it

Ryo Chan said:

well, it's 2 weeks till release, and after 2 years of waiting patiently, i am no long going to buy the game, all thanks to EA.

Yep their idea of stopping piracy, is by installing a DRM on the game that.......... "only allows you to install the game 3 times"

Now how stupid is that, so people can no longer uninstall it for other games, reformat their pc's or install onto 2nd pc's in fears of being able to play it

That's possibly the stupidest idea i've ever heard, i would expect it from Microsoft...i hope this gets pulled out at the last minute like what happened with the Mass Effect PC version...wait that as distrubted by EA as well wasn't it? >_> This isn't the way to combat piracy

I've been playing spore creature creator for a while. It's pretty funny. Kinda annoying when people make penis monsters and crap out of it though >_>.

Ryo Chan said:

Then do what the smart person will do; download it :lol:

Torrents, gotta love em :lol:

Anyone what to put up their spore screen name so we can buddy up? Been wasting my life for the last twoo weeks on the game after FINALLY mastering the space age.
Mine's HopefulMonster

Started playing... yesterday i think? Made one tribe and got into tribal and went savage on all the other villages, didnt really start the next age tho.

Started again and made it a plant eating love monster (Green Peas are gonna love me), finished the tribal age and will start the next age tomorrow when i get back from college.

So far it seems pretty cool, although i prefer the first 2 stages where your collecting things.

Been playing it myself (Ryo was pissed at me for getting it cheaper than RRP, unlike him). Made 2 races so far, with one reaching Space age (and then it getting pummelled every 5 minutes). TT_TT

My SPORE name is Omegagold (like on WOW).

CitizenGeek said:
I'm interested in Spore but it just seems like a game that requires too much time and effort. Is it?

None of the stages are too in depth but are really fun to play. You can make the creature creator really in depth and create some awesome animals. Imagine this to be the sims but with monsters instead.

Back