Spice and Wolf Novel or Manga?

I ended up in the situation of not being able to get a hold of the novels and bought the first... four, maybe five, volumes of the manga. Have since read the novels and have to agree with the others, the novels are better for the little details which really bring Spice & Wolf to life. The manga has nice artwork though, so if you really enjoy the series might be worth picking up the manga after. :)

Demelza said:
I ended up in the situation of not being able to get a hold of the novels and bought the first... four, maybe five, volumes of the manga. Have since read the novels and have to agree with the others, the novels are better for the little details which really bring Spice & Wolf to life. The manga has nice artwork though, so if you really enjoy the series might be worth picking up the manga after. :)

I have the novels and the manga, the novels will always be superior as it's the original work and has all the fine nuances. The manga does as you say have very nice artwork and compliments things nicely.

Back