Space Battleship Yamato 2199 trailer streamed

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff
A trailer for the forthcoming anime and film series <em>Space Battleship Yamato 2199</em> has been released on Amazon.co.jp. The series is a remake of the original <em>Space Battleship Yamato</em> space opera series which first began in 1974.

Yutaka Izubuchi (<em>RahXephon</em>) is general director of the series with XEBEC and AIC producing the series. Nobuteru Yuki (<em>Escaflowne</em>, <em>Record of Lodoss War</em>) will be character designer. The first theatrical screening takes place on 5th April.

Looks amazing, classic Matsumoto characters and story, with modern visuals. Hopefully it will be CR or AoD will pick it up.

The original Star Blazers, The Quest for Iscandar was my first taste of anime way back in '79. I was lucky enough to get the complete first series on imported DVD when the anime was a plenty before the bubble burst. I use to think it would have been possible for them to resurrect the wreak of the Yamoto, just like it might have been possible to raise the Titanic. I kept the faith of this until modern oceanographic technology revealed both wreaks were in fact too badly demolished to ever raise intact. Of course Matsumoto didn't know this either at that time when he first created the plot. Had he known he might have either written it differently, or maybe not at all. Now there's a pardox for you. :lol:

Back