Sony's Anime+ intended for Central Europe

Rukario said:
Get over Naruto, the show is going to die. =|

Think about getting this channel.
Oh yeah, i'm over the tv run. I'm just saying this is but an addional hit on the long ultra combo of UK fans and TV is concerned.

And we have no combo breaker.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

If Naruto can hit in big. [not very likely] then we're all good. Though I swear the last episode of Naruto had no edits, at all.

Rukario said:
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

If Naruto can hit in big. [not very likely] then we're all good. Though I swear the last episode of Naruto had no edits, at all.
I don't see why Naruto cannot be a hit to be honest. Irrespective of what long-term fans think of an edited Naruto, those who have never seen it still have a lot that they can enjoy. Remember that ignorance is bliss :).

It isn't really surprising that this channel isn't going to be shown here but that is still a disappointment after a fashion. It would certainly be nice for anime to have a fair shot over here rather than the patchy bits and pieces that we have at the moment. The possibility of getting this channel isn't completely ruled out in the long-term but it is still highly unlikely that it will appear here.

hmm, where can i show my support for a UK broadcast? anyone know?
il request till my liver bleeds! atleast its one drop in the bucket.

Well I suppose you could get a petition signed and email it to SONY or somthing, but unfortunately the chances of getting them to change their minds is miniscule.

Disco Machine said:
Really, even if we did get the channel, I'm sure most people would still find something about it to whine about anyway...

That's a valid point... and what anime series have Sony got anyway?

Rukario said:
Disco Machine said:
Really, even if we did get the channel, I'm sure most people would still find something about it to whine about anyway...

That's a valid point... and what anime series have Sony got anyway?
Not much in the way of series but they do have the rights to Steamboy, FFVII: Advent Children and the Cowboy Beebop movie. They also have the rights to Rurouni Kenshin in some European countries.

(primus mate i dont think you can have images in your sig :()

i think it will be hard for sony too acquire for everyones taste with not much to choose from.

I suppose it is quite annoying, but I can see what Sony are thinking. Anime seems to be much bigger in other European countries than Britain. When I went to France last month, the amount of manga there was so much more than in Britain, for example, I'm pretty sure they're no more than two volumes behind Japan with Naruto.

Hopefully it'll be one of those channels that Sky UK can pick up or something, but what language will it be broadcast in? It won't be much good if it's in French.

actually sony hold the rights to some good anime, final fantasy unlimited, fma uk, and from what i hear their trying for bleach. i know someone who's father works their.

fullmetal alchemist was apparent loaned to rapture by sony who originally held the rights to fma from the usa as their was very early plans for it to be released over here on dvd by sony who wants to branch into different region s

tidusffxwakka said:
actually sony hold the rights to some good anime, final fantasy unlimited, fma uk, and from what i hear their trying for bleach. i know someone who's father works their.

fullmetal alchemist was apparent loaned to rapture by sony who originally held the rights to fma from the usa as their was very early plans for it to be released over here on dvd by sony who wants to branch into different region s
o_O

FMA is licensed by FUNimation, FF:U is licensed by ADV and Bleach is licensed by Viz. Sony has access to none of these, as I can fully understand.

Rukario said:
tidusffxwakka said:

o_O

FMA is licensed by FUNimation, FF:U is licensed by ADV and Bleach is licensed by Viz. Sony has access to none of these, as I can fully understand.

Also, you called FF:U Good o_O

Rukario said:
tidusffxwakka said:

o_O

Maybe FUNimation,ADV, and Viz don't have rights to these titles in Europe as that isn't that strange as in Canada for instance the Season 1 of Beyblade was released by Sony in Canada while to my Understanding in the US it was released Geneon, and with the Canadian Dragon Booster show it was released in Canada again by Sony, but in the US by FUNimation.

Back