Sony Pictures announce UK Advent Children

BabyDaddy said:
Your opinion. [Don't say it's fact. ;(]

I too have already seen it. It was ok, though the story lacked.
Strange. When I do a search for "fact" on this page it only appears the once and it's not in my post. So do I really have to give a disclaimer with every single phrase I say, just in case someone isn't sure that the words which I write are my opinion? Because frankly I think that's a pretty goddamned stupid expectation to have.

Oh sorry. I think that's a pretty goddamned stupid expectation to have, though I must of course adknowledge that others may not share my view.

BabyDaddy said:
though the story lacked.
There was a story?

ive been waiting for ages and scrounging all of the advent children music videos i can find trying rather unsuccessfully to piece evrything together.

i'm going to get it and i it dosent meet expectations and i'd rather foget it iwas ever made then it will become ebay fodder!!! (or i'll give it to a friend next christmas)

Is this a dream??? Are they actually going to release the movie... in this country??? And here I was thinking they were going to hold on to it forever…

Wonder what the dubs’ like…

that reminds me i still need to watch the fansub to decide if its worth buying or not lol

be streight with me, is it worth watching is u've never played FF VII?

Ryo Chan said:
Not in the slightest. The whole point of the movie is to simply bring old familiar characters into a movie so that fans ooh and aah at their presence. It's pure fanservice of the boobless kind. Without prior knowledge, I fail to see what the interest is at all.

Though I was under the impression that everyone the world over had played this game to death. Gaming media tends to give that impression.

Ryo Chan said:

Even if you have played FFVII, it is still not worth watching - unless you have a thing for Cloud's big sword that gets thrusted into anything that moves!
Advent Children was a big disappointment: Not only did it ruin the ending of FFVII, but the story lacked any..well story. It's basically crappy sped up fights one after another. It might look good, but that's all the credit I'm going to give it. It's fanservice for the fans who worship FFVII on that golden pedestal called nostalgia - but Square is milking it for all it's worth. Even Final Fantasy: Spirits Within was better. I have agree with kupoartist on this - Advent Children is a waste of time. :D

For my money I loved Advent Children but then I do worship the Final Fantasy games, with 7 having a special place for me :). Don't expect anything more groundbreaking than eyecandy and you won't be disappointed. It was a bit of mindless fun for an hour and half, which is great every now and then.

Good to see they have decided to release the Japanese dub as well as an English dub, which looked fairly unlikely until that press release :).

neptune2venus said:
Advent Children is a waste of time. :D

Well said ;)...I actually took several long breaks in the middle of watching it; the 'story', such as it was, was so pointless and nonsensical that the film would have been better off not having it, most of the fights were too ott to be believable and my favourite character from the game (Red XIII, naturally) had about one line of dialogue and an uninspiring CG design.

Nonetheless, my brother's a big FF7 fan (he's eight years old and in past years has been known to run around pretending to be Cloud), and since he's been drooling over the official website for months I'm sure our house will end up with a copy of the DVD anyway.

as i found out with FFX2, total obsession over something often leads to forgeting it completly after a few months. i was sooo hyped up about getting that game because i loved FFX but then after a while i got stuck and havent touched it in ages!!!!

i adore FFVII which is the main reason i want this DVD...ok, so the REAL reason is because i know Sephiroth is in it at least a little (reno too!!). :twisted: i'm a sucker for the bad guys!!!

Back