sony more multimedia than games

Ammish

Stand User
I know it was a bit misleading, the title of the topic. So, here my explanation. Is sony game console becoming more multimedia than a game console itself. Well, I think it is. Starting with the psp.

the psp is more involved with being a music or film device than a game console. Probably because theres not a lot of good games in store, probably the psp olny appeals to the import fans, who buy from japan or america.

And soon, the ps3 will try and be a multimedia device, and even challenging microsoft's pc. PS3 will have a internet browser, with ken saying "the ps3 will have the essential stuff of a pc, we do not need one", now if that happens, I'll will never go for a PS3.

I am also a gamer as much as a anime fan. I don't need flashy mp3 or portable DVD on a game console. As long as the games is good, who needs them. The way I see it, nintendo is the loyalty of games. Sega and nintendo always have been, now sega is on just games than console, I see nintendo fighting with just games while sony have multi media and microsoft with multimedia as well [just that microsoft suck in the console department, go back to pc], just nintendo is on thier own.

If ps3 prove to have a rep of ps2, a great range of super games like kingdom hearts, okami and lot more. then the ps3 won't put me off, I would definetly have one. everyone explain here.

To be honest, i have to disagree with the 'microsoft suck in the console department' bit..for one they brought out one of the most popular game series at the moment Halo..they also provide some of the best in online gameplay for a console and the games they have are actually quite good like for instance Kameo..good adventure game and Call of Duty 2.
More on topic, PSP was never really gonna hit it off in the hand-held console part anyway, they tried something new yes but they never brought anything interesting..it was more or less a movie and music player and had the occasional good game on it, but not much more. PS3 is aiming more at games but at the same time they are trying to be a bit more PC like than they used to with the internet access..and the price is still way to high even if the technology for it is up-to-date.
Nintendo have always been entirely devoted to games and i doubt they will change in the near future.
From the list of games i have seen for the PS3, they have a good selection lined up but the only thing letting them down is the console price..of course the most devoted of playstation fans will not care about the PS3 price and just buy it anyway with games such as MGS4, but since i am not a devoted playstation fan i will wait for the price to drop or maybe even just leave my brother to get it :lol:

Nintendo all the way!

I agree, the PS3 will be a huge multimedia monster, as the Xbox 360 tried to be, and games are becoming less and less important.

Frankly, I'd rather play Super Mario 347 with 347 innovational advancements behind it, than Metal Gear 347 with an MP3 player, dishwasher and toaster in the same box. :D

Back