Sometimes unexpected things happen

BlackStrat said:
You're gonna need to prove that you're the real Smeelia.
What's your favourite CGDCT show, why is it Non Non Biyori and who do you ship in Love Hina?
A better question might be, who don't I ship in Love Hina? (Keitaro mostly, since he'd just get in the way... I guess that professor guy is available though).

I sometimes wonder if calling Non Non Biyori a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" show is a little limited. It certainly has cute girls in it and they do indeed do cute things but it feels like there's a lot more to the show than just that. Some of it's best moments include some solid observations on life and some real feeling. They also often include Kaede, who is both cute and female (and often does cute things), but I'm not sure if she counts as being a cute girl (being a little older and kind of an adult).

I suppose "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" is a similar kind of descriptor as "Comedy" or "Romance", you could have one or the other or you could have a "Romantic Comedy" with both and in the same way you can have a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" show that also has other elements. That reminds me, I still need to watch School Live.

Sometimes I'm torn as to whether I prefer Non Non Biyori or Hidamari Sketch, I'd say Non Non Biyori probably has some better moments (plus, Koma-chan Senpai) but there's more of Hidamari Sketch and it has it's own strengths (like Yuno-sama).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back