So with Dragon Ball Z finally out in the UK...

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
I have a couple of questions

1 - For those who only ever saw it on CN and never had a chance to see the uncut version, what's your take on it
2 - The alternate music for the dub, yay or nay
3 - Now with DBZ out in the UK...do you think we'll see DB and DBGT out as well (though I bet that would depend on how well DBZ does over here)

1. Didn't technically see it on CN, but I did see the edited version first. I did not really notice much of a difference when watching the uncut version in the grand scheme of things.

2. Absolutely yay. I refuse to watch DBZ without the faulconer(U.S) score, it is better in every way, thats why I cancelled my order for the Dragon Boxes some years ago.

3. Dunno, could go either way. Havn't heard much out of MangaUK since they were released in regards to sales or the suchlike.

megagold5 said:
2. Absolutely yay. I refuse to watch DBZ without the faulconer(U.S) score, it is better in every way, thats why I cancelled my order for the Dragon Boxes some years ago.

In regards to that why so?, I mean from what I've noticed the Faulconer score, while at least a bit better than from when Funimation first took over dubbing DBZ from Ocean Group seems so low key and never knows when to keep quiet

Invisible Crane said:
megagold5 said:

In regards to that why so?, I mean from what I've noticed the Faulconer score, while at least a bit better than from when Funimation first took over dubbing DBZ from Ocean Group seems so low key and never knows when to keep quiet

Maybe it is just because that is how I watched it first, but the music fits in with the show itself much better. The japanese music is just too docile to get me excited for what is actually going on. It, at this point, is also REALLY DAMN OLD, and so just sounds of generally poor quality when compared side by side.

In saying all that, when I was watching my DBZ sets (I have the U.S ones). The Japanese music with english dubbing was the default track, and, until the namek saga, I did not really notice half the time that I was not watching it with the Faulconer score. It was only when I started missing out on music I remembered that I switched.

Finally, the Faulconer Super Saiyan 3 Ascension Theme is probably my favourite piece of music ever. Thats another good reason. :p

It depends on it's proper release in the UK. I'm going to buy a copy because I think a lot of anime fans in the UK were brought in to this wonderful genre by shows like DBZ. However, one thing to note on the release is we're still going to get shafted when they release the Blu-rays.

£25 for a box set is still pretty expensive.

Back