So when's Eva 3.0 getting an English release?

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
After reading just one part of the TV Tropes page for the Rebuild I now have to be careful since it looks like Eva 3.0
has nothing to do with what was teased at the very end of Eva 2.0

In that case anyone know when an english version is planned?. Has Funimation said anything about a western release yet since they released the first 2 movies?

Well, with the previous two Eva Rebuild movies we got it about 2 years from the airing date, so probably about November 2014?

The Japanese BD is only just coming out now, and that was a quick turnaround from the cinema release, so I wouldn't expect anything for a while. We haven't even had a UK screening of the theatrical version yet, have we?

I'm glad I got a chance to see it already as it's going to be really annoying as soon as the digisub spoilers spread everywhere with the JP release.

R

Rui said:
I'm glad I got a chance to see it already as it's going to be really annoying as soon as the digisub spoilers spread everywhere with the JP release.

R
You realise that there's been a subbed camrip floating around for absolutely ages right...? There's also been spoilers posted all around the place, I know quite a bit about what is going to happen already.
It's a shame the Bluray doesn't have ENG subs as I would have imported this.

Yes, but the spoilers are largely contradictory at the moment (I've read all kinds of nonsense), whereas when there's a convenient version that downloaders can see which actually looks decent, it's going to be everywhere. As with every other movie in the last decade.

I agree that they dropped the ball with the lack of English subtitles with Eva. Something as big and successful as this should really be getting Aniplex USA/Gundam Unicorn treatment nowadays, but it's still following the old fashioned release style and punishing people who want to watch it legitimately the first time around :/

R

Rui said:
I agree that they dropped the ball with the lack of English subtitles with Eva. Something as big and successful as this should really be getting Aniplex USA/Gundam Unicorn treatment nowadays, but it's still following the old fashioned release style and punishing people who want to watch it legitimately the first time around :/

R
The thing is, I can't even see reverse importing as a problem here.
Eva is pretty big in Japan, and can be bought for about £29 off of Amazon JP.
The RRP for Eva 2.22 on Amazon.com is $35 or around £22.
Is this really such a problem that we're going to have to wait a year or two for the US release? I couldn't see reverse importers leaping for a US release if it was released at or around the same time as the JP release.

I think it's just the time it takes Funimation to fiddle around for some reason in this case. It's a shame it can't have a Unicorn-style simultaneous dub (holding back for a worldwide release date for that series doesn't seem to have stopped it selling brilliantly).

I wonder if it's going to get a cinema screening overseas this time at all, with Andrew now working hard on his new projects.

R

They just announced that Eva 3.0 will be screened in Italy in September, so I suppose the Italian BDs will be ready for Lucca Comics.

But the big questions are:
- when will 4.0 be screened in Japan?
- will it really be the last? (1.11, 2.22... they call for a 6.66)
- what did Anno smoke this time?

Teo

Back