So, this new anti piracy act.....

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Apprently we're onto stage 2 of the Digital Economy Act leaving isps with the power to cut downloaders off the net.

now first of let me make this clear, it's not in action yet, it's going through the commons again however......

lets face facts here, the original DEA hasn't don't jack all, and even if this passes, what difference is it going to make? are isp's really going to give up customers just because they have the power to?

"said person has been cause downloading a movie, shall we cut them off?"

"and lose £30 a month? are you mad!"

don't get me wrong, i download anime, i admit, i very very rarely download movies (1 every 2 years most) and i download music, (but not albumns), and i pay £50pm to get fast broadband and do this, who thinks an isp is going to threaten me to stop downloading and risk me either downgrading to standard £10pm internet, or swapping to a different group at all?

add to the fact that only BT and (to an extent) sky intend to use the power, what on earth is the point, leave the average downloader alone, they're a drop in a river, go after the guys selling said dvd's on the market instead

Let's face it, the power will go everyone's favourite monopoly BT, won't it? And BT own the (crap, outdated) wires and don't give a damn about retaining customers, as their £100 reconnection fee for flipping a switch and monthly charge of £12 for doing naff-all illustrate.

ayase said:
Let's face it, the power will go everyone's favourite monopoly BT, won't it? And BT own the (crap, outdated) wires and don't give a damn about retaining customers, as their £100 reconnection fee for flipping a switch and monthly charge of £12 for doing naff-all illustrate.

sept 1. Bt have to give others the option to build their own wires now

2. Virgin are faster than BT, and are against this bill, surely that would be business suicide giving all their customers to Virgin (yes i'm aware areas still can't get virgin internet, but the same goes for BT open reach)

animefreak17 said:
what ever, i dont download so im cool
postie-media163.jpeg

Meh, I'm not much of a downloader myself. I've had 5 series tops and some music (less than 4 albums worth), and that's been throughout my internet lifetime (going on 10 years now I think....)

So I'm not much of an offender, and I aint going to be bothered about this waste of time.

Ryo Chan said:
ayase said:

sept 1. Bt have to give others the option to build their own wires now

2. Virgin are faster than BT, and are against this bill, surely that would be business suicide giving all their customers to Virgin (yes i'm aware areas still can't get virgin internet, but the same goes for BT open reach)
....and Virgin wins again! :D

I download on average 6 films a month. here's my internetational anthem: http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Im not entirely bothered by it, knowing that if the government passed this then Anonymous will be up in arms over it (they'll fight anything blocking freedom of the internet) So let them think they hold the power, at the end of the day nobody actually owns the internet and so the ones with the power are at the end of the day are the hackers who know how and what to do in order to manipulate the internet.

Cutting people off serves little purpose as they'll turn away customers, theoretically BT cuts me off... i won't pay a reconnection fee i'd simply switch to any ISP what still allows me to do what i want without cutting me off.

I don't download anime, just movies. Why? because they keep bumping up the prices of a cinema ticket, im not being sponged for my money anymore, its not like the service is improved by me paying the new higher fees.

Doesn't help with the majority of retail stores that sell anime never know the value of it. so if its a 1ingle vol it can be 19.99 in store, but onlime anime distributers know its actually meant to be £9.99.

I'm also annoyed at the fact that studio ghibli films are always £10 in HMV. they've been out ages, lower the god damn price already. You'd do it if it was a disney film ¬___¬

Hmm, might have been the Naruto shippuden whole first series, and i've only ever seent he full series boxset of Sengoku Basara so that stands to reason to have a price like that.

People shouldn't buy Ghibli films at that price, its a rip off. :/

I don't think £10 is an unreasonable price for a DVD at all. I think it's about right - certainly not "marked up". I balk at paying £15 for a single film (unless it's in HD) but anything less than £10 and the retailers are shooting themselves in the foot, as the amount people are willing to pay goes down as well. I would be happy to pay £10 for any film that I had the desire to own, especially given the price of cinema tickets these days.

Tachi said:
they keep bumping up the prices of a cinema ticket
I believe they call this "inflation". You may have noticed that your loaf of bread and pint of beer no longer cost less than 20p each, too.

ilmaestro said:
Tachi said:
I believe they call this "inflation". You may have noticed that your loaf of bread and pint of beer no longer cost less than 20p each, too.

ilmae was born in the 1900's remember kids, that was the last time bread was under 20p :D

Ryo Chan said:
ilmaestro said:
Tachi said:

ilmae was born in the 1900's remember kids, that was the last time bread was under 20p :D
Where the f*** did you buy your bread from - A guy who lives in a box?! (If so, I'm worried about my health...)

Hahahaha,

Well inflation can do one imo, they are capping wages, increasing taxes and exoecting people to get on with it? There's only a matter of time before people rise up.

As for my beer, its actually rather good at the moment, i tend to shy away from going out drinking on a friday night, instead the £1.25 pint of fosters on thursday night in my local rarely stresses me out ;) 3 cases of beer for £20? don't mind if i do :)

Ryo Chan said:
ilmaestro said:
Tachi said:

You mean I was implying that things were cheaper in the past than after the inflation has taken effect? Never!

ilmaestro wrote:
Tachi wrote:

The thing is when you buy a loaf and a pint you usually dont get forced to eat it in a room full of people talking, playing with mobile phones and distracting you from enjoying your bread.

I am not prepared to pay £8 for a ticket and get it ruined by morons who dont understand how to behave in public.

ilmaestro said:
Ryo Chan said:
ilmaestro said:
Tachi said:

You mean I was implying that things were cheaper in the past than after the inflation has taken effect? Never!

more that bread has never been that cheap, but we get the idea where you're coming from ;)

and Ilmae, you imply, i implode

Corra said:
ilmaestro wrote:
Tachi wrote:

The thing is when you buy a loaf and a pint you usually dont get forced to eat it in a room full of people talking, playing with mobile phones and distracting you from enjoying your bread.

I am not prepared to pay £8 for a ticket and get it ruined by morons who dont understand how to behave in public.

go during the day, when kids are at school i usually get a cinema all to myself

and Odeon still bitch if i'm in the premium seats :D

Ryo Chan said:
ilmaestro said:
Ryo Chan said:
ilmaestro said:
Tachi said:

more that bread has never been that cheap, but we get the idea where you're coming from ;)
Bread was about 50p a loaf only ten years ago, you barely even have to go back to my parents generation to find when it was sub-20p.

Back