So, i'm thinking of writing a book...

Revengeguy

Completely Average High School Student
Hi there,

I am (hopefully) taking my first trip to Japan next Febuary and a idea crossed my mind. I am thinking of writing a book that explores the Otaku culture. I will describe my trip to Japan and in between chapters analyse and explain about famous Anime, Manga and The pepole that put it together (Miyazaki, Tezuka, Toriyama, Otomo and the like.) All while exploring parts of my own personal little obsession with the rising sun as well as everybody elses. I will try and explain my 'pilgramige :D ' to the mecca of all Otaku, Akihabara. As well as writing up about my own experiences and adventures. I am hoping to convince both people who do not know much about Japan as well as the die-hard Otaku reader.

So, do you guys think it sounds like a good idea? Any hints or tips? Would you personally read it if it was published?

Thanks for reading,
Matt

Sounds really interesting, and if i saw it in a shop after reading about it here i would most definitely pick it up.

Revengeguy said:
Hi there,

I am (hopefully) taking my first trip to Japan next Febuary and a idea crossed my mind. I am thinking of writing a book that explores the Otaku culture. I will describe my trip to Japan and in between chapters analyse and explain about famous Anime, Manga and The pepole that put it together (Miyazaki, Tezuka, Toriyama, Otomo and the like.) All while exploring parts of my own personal little obsession with the rising sun as well as everybody elses. I will try and explain my 'pilgramige :D ' to the mecca of all Otaku, Akihabara. As well as writing up about my own experiences and adventures. I am hoping to convince both people who do not know much about Japan as well as the die-hard Otaku reader.

So, do you guys think it sounds like a good idea? Any hints or tips? Would you personally read it if it was published?

Thanks for reading,
Matt

I say go for it.
Sounds like a great idea.
I would certainly read this as I plan to go to Japan next year too and while if I go somewhere else on holiday its just a.......you know,"holiday".
But its a whole different beast going to Japan.
Its like a life goal for us "otaku".
A"pilgrimage" is certainly a fitting word.

Anyway DO IT.

I'd read it i always wanted to got o japan but many that is not a cheap place.

Make us proud :eek:

Just make sure it's convincing to someone who is just generally interested in japan and not just anime and manga.

Back