Slayers Revolution

MrChom

School Idol
Just wondered if anyone else was watching this and what their thoughts on the series so far were.

Personally, after just having finished watching Slayers Try, I'd say it's edging being almost as funny as Slayers Next so far, but there's plenty of episodes left. Not too sure about the weird green sock-puppet thing, though....

I want to see it so badly but am waiting for the DVDs :(

Though I will be catching a couple of episodes when I go on holiday methinks...

R

Well you never know, the originals may well be a cheap "classic" licence for someone in the UK to pick up now. As far as I'm aware the series never made DVD over here....which just makes me question what people were licencing instead....

oh, I watched Slayer many years ago. I remember I was infatuated! I bought the dolls, too (Lina and Gourry).

I think in order is better about Slayers, S. Next and S. Try.

If you are curious, you can watch the movies:
Slayers Perfect, Return, Great, Gorgeous, Premium.
You can choose a movie and understand if you like this character.

I know someone who is watching it with no previous experiences of Slayers and loving it. You do need to have a healthy love of all the cliches of fantasy anime, though, as most of the jokes take the mick out of them.

My reply was relating to Revolution specifically - I have all the rest of Slayers already ;) huge Slayers addict with all the games and Japanese novels too.

But I won't watch Revolution until it's on DVD and hate waiting!

R

I've watched the first two episodes. I'm also watching my Slayers Next DVDs (for the first time) at the same time. It's like watching the old slayers only with cleaner animation. I like it quite a bit- I've only seen one episode of Geass R2 so far, and I've gone and watched both episodes of Revolution as soon as I could :lol:

I still need to get the third series of slayers, I've seen that on TV a few years ago. I like Lina and Naga better than Lina an Gourry though. Not because of certain naga feats, but a character that can win a fight by laughing people into defeat is simply awesome! =D

I am watching this, I've never seen any of the previous Slayers anime series but I am definately gonna have to track them all down as I am loving the comedy style of this anime series

I've watched the first three episodes, and now love it. It's like the old slayers, with all the humour and characters, only with cleaner animation.

Truered said:
I've watched the first three episodes, and now love it. It's like the old slayers, with all the humour and characters, only with cleaner animation.
Good to hear , now you're getting me even more anxious.. :roll: I wonder how long before it's picked up for a english release...

Back